Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hibernia interview

Options
  • 07-12-2015 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have my interview for the hibernia PME in primary education coming up really soon and I was wondering if it is best to do the English or Irish interview first?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nickiirl

Hi Crann2120 I'm just wondering how you got on with your interview for Hibernia?When I did my interview I did the Irish first. I found the interviewers very friendly and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 GraceM1

Hi I have my interview coming up soon. Can you post some of the questions you were asked please ?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Try a search on the 'Distance/PT Learning' Forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=433
    or search on the thread at the top of the page.. maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 rossoc

Hi guys,

I'm about to apply for the PME in primary education (Sept 2016) in Mary I and also Hibernia, anyone have any tips for the interviews, what sort of things I should zone in on etc? I've been really lucky to do a bit of work experience in various school and worked with a lot of different types of SEN, class sizes, nationalities etc.. is this something I will get to talk about or is more so why I want to be a teacher?

Also anyone in galway or limerick, did you avail of any classes for irish in prep or grinds?

Any information would be great.

Thanks a million in advance,

Ross

• Advertisement

Has anyone sent in their application and received no call as to when their interview will be ? I'm waiting 2 weeks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Keehar

GraceM1 wrote: »
    Has anyone sent in their application and received no call as to when their interview will be ? I'm waiting 2 weeks now!

They might just be a bit back logged. I got my call a week after I sent in my application (have my interview this Tuesday), but I'm doing the PME in Post Primary so maybe that one has less applicants. Is yours that or primary?

I have my interview on Tuesday too!:) it's for primary! Best of luck

That's great. And thank you. Same to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭theflipdave

Best of luck everyone doing it..

• Advertisement

Thank you. I had mine this morning. I don't want to count my chickens, but I think it went well. The interviewers were so nice, and they seemed really pleased with my answers. So crossing my fingers....

Thank you! It's so hard to know how it went! Hopefully we find out soon!

I got the email this morning. I never expected to get it that fast as they said it would take around 2 weeks. But I got accepted :)

Same as that ! 😊 Congratulations:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 nickiirl

Congratulations to you both! Well done GraceM1 :)

GraceM1 wrote: »
    Same as that ! 😊 Congratulations:)

Thank you. Same to you :)
    nickiirl wrote: »
    Congratulations to you both!

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Crann2120

Well done to everyone who got accepted! I had to delay my interview for a couple of weeks due to unforeseen circumstances unfortunately. I was just wondering what sort of questions everyone was asked for the Irish part?

I was asked about my hobbies, do I watch tv, what will I do after the interview, work and about my work experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I had my interview last Tuesday 2nd also, and got the email the following morning, was delighted!

I thought I was bumbling a bit with my grammar in the Irish element, but they were so nice, and seemed to understand that I was nervous.

Anywho, I actually wrote down all the questions as soon as I got out (just so I could practice in case things didn't go to plan) , so for anyone that is still waiting to have theirs, here you go:

Irish
    Tell us a bit about yourself, for example where you studied before, where are you from/living, and about your work.
    What do you get up to in your free time, have you any hobbies?
    Tell us why you want to be a primary school teacher? And why study with Hibernia?
    How did I prepare for the interview, especially the Irish element?
    Tell us how you use IT in your current role, and how you might use it in every day lessons?
    (this last one may be a specific to me, as I had mentioned I use IT in my current role, but you can kind of steer the conversation to topics you like)

English
    If you had a disruptive student, how would you deal with it? And if you had a weak student, how would you approach them and the parent?
    They said I was clearly very motivated in everything I do, but would I actually be able to give up some of my work/hobbies to commit to this course?
    Again, they asked about my use of IT, and had I experience using different software in the classroom? And what would I do with regards to teaching IT and internet safety?
    They asked about my current role and experience, and how would I adapt to teaching kids. And also what age group would I like to teach and why?
    (I currently work as an Adult tutor, so again some of these are a little bit aimed towards my current role)

A thing I was a little shocked at after I received the offer letter, is that they only give you 10 days to get your deposit in, just to give you a heads up.
    I am looking to go the INTO loan route, (and also continue to work part time), which you can only apply for once you have been offered the course, so the deadlines are incredibly tight for getting your paperwork together!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭puma90

Deposit for the course is it? How much is that? How much is the course each year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement