Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maths

• 07-12-2015 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

I love maths and do pretty good in class tests put I always get bad results in summer/Christmas exams any tips for studying maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

I love maths and do pretty good in class tests put I always get bad results in summer/Christmas exams any tips for studying maybe?

I imagine your Christmas and Summer tests consist of more wordy/story style questions? A lot of these types of questions will be in the exam. Try practicing them more. They can be complicated at first, but they do get easier. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Read the questions at least 3 times and underline key words

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Also if the questions are very wordy, it can be helpful to try and draw a simple diagram to represent what's going on in the question - in maths diagrams are a lot easier to work with than a jumble of words. This is particularly beneficial for topics like trigonometry and geometry where there's often a lot of things going on at once

Advertisement