Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC World - Can't Contact them - Anyone have a number?

Options
  • 07-12-2015 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi, Ordered an item for child's Christmas present a week ago.
    No update on status. No word from them. No way to track it. I rang the only Customer Service number 1890 400 001 and got through after 20mins to the UK. The woman was very very surprised that the Irish customers were being put through to their office. She couldn't see the Irish PC World database and had NO Information on my order. All the stores phone numbers lead back to there.
    Do Not Buy Anything from PCWorld Online is all I can say!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

I rang them again on the same number (another 20 mins at least). Again I was told all I can do is email websale@pcworld.ie
    That number (in UK) have No access to Irish orders or sales. So it is basically pointless ringing them on 1890 400 001 if it is an online order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Cancel it and order it from Amazon or Komplet and save yourself a lot of bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Easier said than done. I ordered something from currys (which pc world is part of) but wanted to cancel.
    Rang that number above and after 30 minutes the person said they couldnt deal with Irish parcels.
    Emailed Currys 3 times to cancel the order before delivery was sent out.
    Monday get the delivery, so they obviously wern't reading the emails.

Never order off curry's or pc world again

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

Yes there is no way to contact PC World or Currys except via email or to ring 1890 400 001. HOWEVER, that number goes to the UK and they don't handle any Irish orders, nor can they see the database of orders. All the stores in Ireland have switched their numbers to the 1890 one.
    I had to message them on Facebook to cancel my order as they have a live person there (the poor sod) trying to deal with the numerous queries.
    I re-ordered my item from Komplett and literally the item is despatched within 24hrs and you get the courier tracking number.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 maurz

Recently my sister had similar problems with PC Currys, ordered 2 small ipads online. Only received 1 but money for 2 taken from her credit card. Got nowhere with the customer service, only to say all online stock for Ireland comes from their Blanchardstown branch....
    But they couldn't give her a number for that branch!!
    When told they don't deal with Irish orders she asked "if I was English what would you do for me" and the reply was a list of very helpful options.
    So they have taken her money but she gets nothing.
    Their Customer service is an absolute disgrace. They only thing is the credit card company have been very helpful, they advised her to try again for a refund via email and if she gets no response within a certain time they will try.

• Advertisement
Advertisement