Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-notified Fee Statement - When was I notified?

Options
  • 07-12-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭

I just logged onto my 365online account to check everything is ok, I now see under statements something with the title as above.
    "Pre-notified Fee Statement"
    The total being 18.89.
    I would like to check when I was going to be told that I was accumulating these fees? That stretch back to the 24th of August?!?!?!
    I was never at any stage whatsover contacted by BOI to notify me that I was incurring these fees! I have been a BOI customer for 15 years I would estimate and I have never paid these fees before.
    This has really given me the push I need to move to Permanent TSB, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,780 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Apparently...the bill I received is my notification....how lovely!
    Permanent TSB it is...15 years with BOI and a former employee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

gmisk wrote: »
    Good Morning gmisk,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards

We’re sorry to hear you are unhappy with you quarterly fees and are now considering closing your account.  We have a no transaction fee offer when you maintain a balance of €3.000 in your account for the full fee quarter. However the €5.00 maintenance fee would still apply and has been included in previous fee quarters.

Your fee notification will provide you with a breakdown of these charges. Please see here for further information on ways to reduce your fees.

Have a good day and if you would like to discuss this further please don’t hesitate in contacting us.
    Helen

Good Morning gmisk,

We’re sorry to hear you are unhappy with you quarterly fees and are now considering closing your account.  We have a no transaction fee offer when you maintain a balance of €3.000 in your account for the full fee quarter. However the €5.00 maintenance fee would still apply and has been included in previous fee quarters.

Your fee notification will provide you with a breakdown of these charges. Please see here for further information on ways to reduce your fees.

Have a good day and if you would like to discuss this further please don’t hesitate in contacting us.
    Helen

Helen, the 5 euro fee I don't have an issue with as you say it is standard. It is these other fees, especially the lack of notification that I would have to be paying them, all the while they are building up!
    If I had known I needed to maintain this 3k balance I would have done so.

A link on ways to reduce my fees....thanks...hugely helpful now!

The fact I have been charged these fees with no notification whatsoever from BOI has made my decision very easy, I will be switching asap to Permanent TSB (after 15 years with BOI), unless these fees are waived, simple as that.

From a long winded phonecall (on your horrendous phone system) I doubt another call would help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Good Morning gmisk,

Helen

Helen, the 5 euro fee I don't have an issue with as you say it is standard. It is these other fees, especially the lack of notification that I would have to be paying them, all the while they are building up!
    If I had known I needed to maintain this 3k balance I would have done so.

A link on ways to reduce my fees....thanks...hugely helpful now!

The fact I have been charged these fees with no notification whatsoever from BOI has made my decision very easy, I will be switching asap to Permanent TSB (after 15 years with BOI), unless these fees are waived, simple as that.

From a long winded phonecall (on your horrendous phone system) I doubt another call would help.
    Hi gmisk, 

Thanks for your reply. 

We're very sorry to hear you wish to close your account with us. Account fees and charges are included with the terms and conditions of your account and you should have received a copy of these when you opened your account with us. When your Quarterly fees are over the amount of €12.70 per quarter, you will be notified in advance. Please find our Schedule of Fees and Charges here.

We do hope that you will reconsider closing your account with us and please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

"Account fees and charges are included with the terms and conditions of your account and you should have received a copy of these when you opened your account with us"
    I received these in oh 1999ish.....so I don't have them at hand to check.

"When your Quarterly fees are over the amount of €12.70 per quarter, you will be notified in advance"
    They are as I said 18.89 and I definitely wasn't. So even minus the 5 euro quarterly fee that's 13.89 so over this "notification" limit.

I would consider staying only possibly if these fees were cancelled.
    If they are not I will be moving to Permanent TSB I have documentation ready to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

"Account fees and charges are included with the terms and conditions of your account and you should have received a copy of these when you opened your account with us"
    I received these in oh 1999ish.....so I don't have them at hand to check.

"When your Quarterly fees are over the amount of €12.70 per quarter, you will be notified in advance"
    They are as I said 18.89 and I definitely wasn't. So even minus the 5 euro quarterly fee that's 13.89 so over this "notification" limit.

I would consider staying only possibly if these fees were cancelled.
    If they are not I will be moving to Permanent TSB I have documentation ready to go.
    Hi gmisk,

The document you viewed online is your pre-notification of fees and charges. If you feel you have been incorrectly charged fees on your account and wish to request a refund, you would need to contact BOI Direct and an advisor will be happy to raise this for investigation. BOI Direct can be contacted by sending an Ask a Question message from Online Service Desk when logged onto 365 Online or by calling 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000.

Thanks
    Tara

"BOI Direct can be contacted by sending an Ask a Question message from Online Service Desk"
    Already done, but from the responses above looks likely that nothing at all will be done, so I will be charged and I will definitely be leaving if that is the case, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

"BOI Direct can be contacted by sending an Ask a Question message from Online Service Desk"
    Already done, but from the responses above looks likely that nothing at all will be done, so I will be charged and I will definitely be leaving if that is the case, thanks.
    Hi gmisk, 

If you have already raised this with us, please be assured this will be looked into on your account by our representatives. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Letter sent 2 weeks ago to customer complaints, heard nothing back, permanent tsb switch date of 7th January, goodbye and good riddance Bank Of Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Gmisk,

We're sorry to hear you're closing your account with us. We'll certainly pass on your comments as feedback.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement
Advertisement