Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26 launching free mobile-first bank account in Ireland (Revolut alternative)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Was also down for me but back again...hope the cards are separate and weren't affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Was also down for me but back again...hope the cards are separate and weren't affected.
    I think they're separate. My payment went through without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Still down for me

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

No update on iOS yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

soirish wrote: »
    No update on iOS yet.

I got the iOS update this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Oops Houston we have a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

New android update just nowish.

Fixed my problem with the card picture not loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

All sorted here for iOS.

When I first setup the app I was asked to create an unlock pattern to be used each time the app is opened. Now using a different device (iOS) and can't find this feature so every time have to unlock with my password. Anyone could help?

On Android it's Settings > App Settings > Login Pattern

• Advertisement

bennyx_o wrote: »
    On Android it's Settings > App Settings > Login Pattern

On iOS Settings > App Settings > there is no Login pattern (the options are Notifications, Change language and Unpair smartphone).

Sent an email to the support team:
    Unfortunately it currently takes us between 3 to 5 days to react to your email.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you can annotate your transactions in the app? that's such an obvious piece of useful functionality yet no online banking service I've ever used has it.

soirish wrote: »
    On iOS Settings > App Settings > there is no Login pattern (the options are Notifications, Change language and Unpair smartphone).

Strange, did you un-pair your old phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I think they're separate. My payment went through without any issue.

So what seams to have happened it they send out a newsletter late yesterday evening to all of their German Customers telling them about the new Maestro card and told them they can now order them.

Promptly loads of customers went online and ordered the card (as it was one of the most requested features in Germany due to it having a large acceptance than the Mastercard).

So that caused the app servers and web servers to get stressed but did not effect the bank part.

Not sure if they've made any changes, but I've had no force closes since the downtime

If a shop refuses to take a payment from a credit card would this automatically mean they would reject the number26 card or is it more complicated than that?

Daily maximum account credit: 25.000 € - what does this exactly mean? max online payment? max transfer?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    If a shop refuses to take a payment from a credit card would this automatically mean they would reject the number26 card or is it more complicated than that?

Daily maximum account credit: 25.000 € - what does this exactly mean? max online payment? max transfer?

Probably only allowed receive a max of 25k per day...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Transferred some money yesterday from Number 26 to KBC arrived today :)
    Transferred some money yesterday from PTSB to KBC , still not arrived :(
    Both done at the same time yesterday as well.
    PTSB are slower both ways.

Also used the card over phone for POS, the second I hung up I get notification on my phone for the transaction. Its pretty fcuking amazing if I'm honest and the Irish banks could learn a thing or 2 from this

Just called PTSB as the transaction still has not hit my KBC yet.
    She tells me transfers done before 6pm arrives next day, after 6pm it takes 2 extra days.

Its madness that the transfer was done at 7pm on number26 yet it still arrives next morning before 10am

PTSB are a fcukwit bank :P

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

This is an outstanding app / bank account, a total game changer !

I just requested that my salary be paid into it and will be closing my Ulster bank account ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

OK, I'm probably just thick but how do you actually load this card or deposit funds in the account?

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote: »
    OK, I'm probably just thick but how do you actually load this card or deposit funds in the account?

- No good question the website should be clearer. You need to load funds from another bank account that you already have or are going to set up.

You cant use a visa debit card like you can with Revolut.

Marhay70 wrote: »

Bank transfer. You can also have your wages put straight into it, just like any other bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Delta2113 wrote: »

Number26 is coded as credit card, so if the shop does not take credit cards they won't take your Number26 card either.

I had to consult the German version to understand that one. It's means that you are allowed to receive a maximum of 25.000 € onto your account via bank transfer. So if someone transfers money to your account over that, it would be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palec69

They started issuing debit cards, but only in Germany and Austria so far, hopefully it wont be long until Ireland gets them.

PTSB are a fcukwit bank :P
    You'd have to imagine that other areas of their business are going to take massive budget cuts with the whole mortgage scandal recently.

I'm gonna use number26 for my day to day stuff anyway, I might return to TSB when they sort their ****ty app out. I like the PTSB website, but the app is stoneage now compared to the likes of KBC, number26 or Revolut.

palec69 wrote: »
    They started issuing debit cards, but only in Germany and Austria so far, hopefully it wont be long for Ireland to get them.

Maestro cards. I don't think there's any need for them here.

Maestro cards. I don't think there's any need for them here.

Maestro is a MasterCard debit card, isn't it ?

KBC use Mastercards here for their debit cards.

"Maestro is specifically a debit product/service/network that is offered by Mastercard"

So if a business accepts MasterCard you shouldn't have any problems with Maestro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

There was a reason this was issued in Germany. A lot of German stores refuse to accept any type of credit card due to the high transaction fees. Even though the Number26 Mastercard is a debit card, it registers as a credit card at the terminal. So if you were in Germany, the card would be refused. That is why they are now offering the Maestro card as a separate card, if they did a combo card a lot of terminals would refuse it for the same reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement