Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26 launching free mobile-first bank account in Ireland (Revolut alternative)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Do we know whether this will attract the yearly bank card charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

long_b wrote: »
    Do we know whether this will attract the yearly bank card charge?

Not clear at all. Seems unlikely. Separate thread on this point here.
    Sent a €10 from UB Friday morning and it has still not appeared in Germany? Is it normally this slow?

A few reports have indicated that Ulster Bank are slow with non-Irish SEPA transfers. SEPA, by law, should reach the receivers account on the subsequent business day at the latest. You should complain to Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    When did you do your video call?

Think it was about eight to ten days ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

OU812 wrote: »

Done mine friday there as I only got a chance to get my passport then, Lucky im in no serious rush for it!! :)

I got my card this morning. Went onto the website and activated it. I notice though that I had to set the PIN for it.....I thought I already did that with the video chat though didn't I? I definitely set some sort of PIN when doing the video chat but I can't remember for the life of me what it was for!! HELP!

Ah I see. I basically woke up one morning, rolled out of bed and decided to do the video chat then so I wasn't at my most lucid. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭adrian.s

Got the account fully up and running, but disappointed that my first attempt at setting up a DD with Sky failed. I raised the issue with them on their TT forum and spoke to them on the matter, but right now they can't accept DD's on non irish accounts. This was the first time they'd had this request they told me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

You could always just pay the bill using My Sky using your card details. That's what I do. Electric Ireland, UPC and Vodafone offer the same service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Decided to use this for Parcel Motel. Thought it would be useful to know when my stuff arrives (I'd get a Number26 notification for PM charge). Package arrived today and €3.95 charged to my Number26 account but no notification. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Decided to use this for Parcel Motel. Thought it would be useful to know when my stuff arrives (I'd get a Number26 notification for PM charge). Package arrived today and €3.95 charged to my Number26 account but no notification. :confused:

There's a slider in the app for notification amount minimums. Make sure that's set to zero.

There's a slider in the app for notification amount minimums. Make sure that's set to zero.

Ah. That would make sense. But I can't find it (Android). I go into settings and click "App Settings (Notifications, language, security)" but there's nothing about notifications in there. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palec69

OU812 wrote: »

You have got to be joking ?! They said its going to be 2-4 working days. I did my video verification last Thursday and I hope to see the card in the door tomorrow morning.

Interestingly (maybe) I also got a small PayPal charge (<€1) when I linked the card to my account... I presume that small fee will be returned/cancelled in time.

Just realised that this was never returned to my Number26 account. Is it a case that they put it in your PayPal account (I never noticed it in there)?

I have noticed a few other cases since (~€1 charges to verify card) and it was always returned almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭OU812

palec69 wrote: »
    You have got to be joking ?! They said its going to be 2-4 working days. I did my video verification last Thursday and I hope to see the card in the door tomorrow morning.

Yeah, it was the end of the week before last, took longer than I thought but I put that down to Xmas post.

Wouldn't be counting on it this side of Xmas if I were you.

adrian.s wrote: »
    Got the account fully up and running, but disappointed that my first attempt at setting up a DD with Sky failed. I raised the issue with them on their TT forum and spoke to them on the matter, but right now they can't accept DD's on non irish accounts. This was the first time they'd had this request they told me!

Sky are breaking the law. Sky need to accept SEPA DD's from all SEPA countries, not just Ireland. Ask for a final response letter from Sky and then make a complaint to the Central Bank of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Does anyone have any idea if something like the CASH26 option would come here?
    It seems a pretty cool option.

I'm just curious more than anything.

CASH26 - https://www.deutscheskonto.org/en/number26-deposit-cash/

Anyone not bothered to click/read through - CASH26 option allows you to select an amount of cash you'd like to deposit, generate a barcode, locate a nearby participating business (e.g. Supermarket), scan the barcode and deposit the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

A rumour once circulated Supervalu would be launching it's own bank service but that's not going to happen now.

It would be great if a way could be found for them to take deposits somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I have tried lodging money for the first time by bank transfer the week before last and got a message on Monday last week saying it couldn't be lodged. I then tried another transfer on that money and now a week later it has left my bank account but not arrived in my n26 account. Has anyone else had similar issues? I have checked the IBAN and it's definitely correct. Thanks

I have tried lodging money for the first time by bank transfer the week before last and got a message on Monday last week saying it couldn't be lodged. I then tried another transfer on that money and now a week later it has left my bank account but not arrived in my n26 account. Has anyone else had similar issues? I have checked the IBAN and it's definitely correct. Thanks

What bank were you sending the money from?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

It's from another German bank. Commerzbank

It's from another German bank. Commerzbank

Strange. Contact Number26 straight away and ask them to track the payment.

So what's the easiest way to get money into your number26 account? I haven't tried it yet as I've been doing a lot of running around with Christmas coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

JTMan wrote: »
    Strange. Contact Number26 straight away and ask them to track the payment.

Commerzbank would need to trace the payment, not Number26.

No issues here transferring money to Number26 from any of my Irish accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

On a continuance basis get your salary paid in to number 26 account.

• Advertisement

It's a pity that there is no way to lodge cash directly to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement