Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26 launching free mobile-first bank account in Ireland (Revolut alternative)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Allyall wrote: »
    It's a pity that there is no way to lodge cash directly to it.
    Yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, but what are the chances of CASH26 coming to Ireland realistically?
    If it did, I'd imagine everyone that participated would charge a fee.

I love the idea of it though.

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, but what are the chances of CASH26 coming to Ireland realistically?
    If it did, I'd imagine everyone that participated would charge a fee.

I love the idea of it though.
    I'm hopeful that Number 26 partner up with someone like Payzone or An Post to take cash lodgements. That must surely be their next move and can only be a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Savman wrote: »
    I'm hopeful that Number 26 partner up with someone like Payzone or An Post to take cash lodgements. That must surely be their next move and can only be a matter of time.

Taking cash from human tellers in An Post would be an expensive step back into the past for this app based bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palec69

OU812 wrote: »
    Yeah, it was the end of the week before last, took longer than I thought but I put that down to Xmas post.

Wouldn't be counting on it this side of Xmas if I were you.

Just as I hoped, it arrived today, on a third working day after verification :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Savman wrote: »

Something along these lines is in the pipeline.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Payzone is the obvious partner to allow people to lodge cash. After all, payzone already allow you to "lodge" cash into prepaid debit cards, so adding Number26 support seems like a small step. However I would expect there to be a charge for lodging cash, which is fair enough IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Tried to register with PaddyPower and top up -invalid card number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

bk wrote: »
    Payzone is the obvious partner to allow people to lodge cash. After all, payzone already allow you to "lodge" cash into prepaid debit cards, so adding Number26 support seems like a small step. However I would expect there to be a charge for lodging cash, which is fair enough IMO.

That's what I meant for the CASH26 option over here.
    How come they can do it free in Germany?

I tried to lodge cash to day into my Irish B.A. and was told 3-5 days to get to my Number26 account, or I could fast track it for €15.
    I don't get how the Supermarkets in Germany can deposit it by scanning my phone for free and with immediate effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

"I don't get how the Supermarkets in Germany can deposit it by scanning my phone for free and with immediate effect."

"Cash flow" - they are getting money in for free which they can recycle out.

It's like the opposite to cashback. The pubs are happy here because they get rid of money off the premises and end up paying less in bank fees.

It's a nice 'add on' service from the supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

This post has been deleted.

SEPA payment sent from KBC Ireland today at 11.00AM and it has been registered on Number26 TODAY at 6.00PM

That it the quickest SEPA I have ever made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Just got an email offering me €10 for every referred friend.

Same here. People are gonna think I'm inviting them to some kind of cult :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah that €10 referal is nice.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Out of curiosity, I made a transfer from N26 to Revolut at 12:26 on Wednesday 16th December. It was credited to my Revolut account at 09:45 on Friday 18th.

Same here.

fp.icon2.bullet3

fp.icon2.text3 - they should fix this on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Quackster wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, I made a transfer from N26 to Revolut at 12:26 on Wednesday 16th December. It was credited to my Revolut account at 09:45 on Friday 18th.

Good to know. Just sent myself a euro now as well just to see.

N26 & Revolut look like the best duo for day-to-day spending at the moment.

N26 isn't the total package just yet, mainly because some companies in Ireland won't process a direct debit from there for bills which is a shame. I'll just leave enough in my PTSB to cover bills and transfer out the rest every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

N26 isn't the total package just yet, mainly because some companies in Ireland won't process a direct debit from there for bills which is a shame. I'll just leave enough in my PTSB to cover bills and transfer out the rest every month.

Could you add your direct debit offenders to the list in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057540573 ?

Just so that other know where you ran into trouble, I hope you are complaining to the central bank about those companies which refuse to accept non irish accounts as direct debit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Could you add your direct debit offenders to the list in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057540573 ?

Just so that other know where you ran into trouble, I hope you are complaining to the central bank about those companies which refuse to accept non irish accounts as direct debit.

It's just Sky at the moment. I sometimes pay my bills quicker too with PTSB's "pay bill" option online, which is fairly handy. But if I could make the full move to N26 I definitely would!

Also the fact they don't use securecode means the card doesn't work on some websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Also one thing you should look out when using number26 for direct debit payments is that Irish Bank Holidays do not apply.

Bank are only closed on Federal German Public Holidays and 24/31 December (which are the only 2 bank holidays in Germany).

While Irish Bank's won't be back until Wednesday this week, German banks are open today and are processing payment like normal.

Got my €1.50 refund from Paypal into Number26 account on Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Wow first I heard of this new bank. Thanks OP.

Unfortunately they won't take drivers license as ID, only passport. I don't have one!

Still though I'll be keeping a close eye on this, looks like it's right up my street (anything to give the Irish banks a run for their money)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Planning to sign up tomorrow if anyone wants to make €10 and refer me?

EDIT: Got a referral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

Planning to sign up tomorrow if anyone wants to make €10 and refer me?

EDIT: Got a referral.

Cheers FastFullBack but only seen that now! Would happily send back a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone feel like creating one of those threads where you refer the next person on the list?

long_b wrote: »
    Anyone feel like creating one of those threads where you refer the next person on the list?

Don't think we're allowed on BA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Don't think we're allowed on BA
    Is it kosher to ask if someone wants a referral fee & arrange it via PM? I am doing so now if allowed.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement