Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26 launching free mobile-first bank account in Ireland (Revolut alternative)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Been using number26 for a a few weeks now and have had two times it didn't work...weird.
    Other than that though it's all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 schofferhofer

Hi, just wondering whether anybody signed up for the card since 21st Dec and has received it in post? I completed id verification on the 21st, but still haven't got the card. Could be delay due to Christmas mails.....I have sent an email to their customer support and am awaiting reply but thought it was worth checking on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Hi, just wondering whether anybody signed up for the card since 21st Dec and has received it in post? I completed id verification on the 21st, but still haven't got the card. Could be delay due to Christmas mails.....I have sent an email to their customer support and am awaiting reply but thought it was worth checking on this forum.

Done my verification 18th Dec and have received nothing yet.Let me know if you get a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Got the card before Xmas, they issued it very fast in fairness so could just be the backlog of post over silly season. I'd say this week for you folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Transferred money on Saturday, got a notification at 4pm today saying that the money is in the account! Great experience so far!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Can you transfer funds from a credit card? and does anyone know will this work in Canada to withdraw cash at ATMS without charges?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Can you transfer funds from a credit card? and does anyone know will this work in Canada to withdraw cash at ATMS without charges?

Thanks

No to the credit card load, after all it's a bank account.

As to ATM in Canada, the wonderful convenience fee that ATM operators charge will apply, but the operator must show you the fee before the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Has anyone signed up through a PC?

Yes, I signed up through PC using the integrated webcam. Worked very well. I am still awaiting the card though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Has anyone had any experience with their customer service? I signed up at the start of December and have been unable to make lodgements to my account. I contacted their customer support on 21st and 28th December via email but have not yet received a response. I find this to be unacceptable for a banking service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Yes I'm the same. I spent 2 hours trying to contact support today and got no where. Once I get very close to speaking to an agent but then the website said I was in active for 30min and signed me out! I was inactive because I was waiting in queue :mad:

I emailed them two weeks ago and heard nothing back.

Things like this would make me unsure about using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭Amouar

Did any one of you tried calling them instead ?

I'm actually on the phone now. I think I'm in a queue.

https://number26.eu/support/can-call-number26-abroad/

I just got off the phone to a nice gent from support. (7min wait time)

He said the holiday season might be causing delays. They had 5 bank holidays in a row and a few other holidays around Christmas.

So he recommended waiting until Monday. If the card has not arrived by then I can report it as stolen so they will send out a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I just got off the phone to a nice gent from support. (7min wait time)

He said the holiday season might be causing delays. They had 5 bank holidays in a row and a few other holidays around Christmas.

So he recommended waiting until Monday. If the card has not arrived by then I can report it as stolen so they will send out a new one.

I registered some time during Christmas (29th I think) and I got the card this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I registered some time during Christmas (29th I think) and I got the card this morning.

So i can assume mines been lost in the post :( (verified 18th Dec).

Well, I am awaiting my card too. I did the verification just before Christmas so there may be a backlog of mail either on their side or at Anpost. I will wait till Monday before requesting another card.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 gleNine

Anyone else have trouble receiving verification texts on the three network?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

gleNine wrote: »
    Anyone else have trouble receiving verification texts on the three network?

Worked fine for me. Make sure to use the correct format for the number (can't recall what that was, but probably +353871234567

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cefh17

Yeah you have to drop the 0 from your number because of the +353

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Will they send your card to any address or do you need to send it one where you have provided proof of address?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

They send it to the address you input. They don't look for any address verification

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

if i want to transfer money from my AIB account to my Number26 account, do i do it as an International Payment or how would i go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

NoelDoran wrote: »
    if i want to transfer money from my AIB account to my Number26 account, do i do it as an International Payment or how would i go about it?

Yes it is an international payment, just choose standard instead of express to avoid any fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

cheers for that pal...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

terencemc wrote: »
    Will they send your card to any address or do you need to send it one where you have provided proof of address?

They'll send it to where ever you want, no address verification needed.

I wonder could you get it sent to parcel motel in Newtownabbey, giving a card with a UK address opening up a lot of possibilities with Amazon Prime video and music.

Of course I already signed up with my real address and I'm missing out on the free digital copies of all the CDs I bought from Amazon back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

McGaggs wrote: »
    They'll send it to where ever you want, no address verification needed.

I wonder could you get it sent to parcel motel in Newtownabbey, giving a card with a UK address opening up a lot of possibilities with Amazon Prime video and music.

Of course I already signed up with my real address and I'm missing out on the free digital copies of all the CDs I bought from Amazon back in the day.

Revolut allows you to change your address in the app directly (even if it's just for a couple of transactions), that might be more helpful than number26, as the revolut card is also UK issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Number 26 couldn't verify my 2013 passport as I didnt have a page with the map of Ireland on it...has anyone else had problems with this?

Might just go for revolut...the advantages of travelling with it seem real good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement