Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26 launching free mobile-first bank account in Ireland (Revolut alternative)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

long_b wrote:
    In German

Google Translate !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Card arrived. 4 business days after video verification. Looks really nice and simple to activate via app.
    Ca9Zdp4XEAIOvuC.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Got card myself yesterday. Transfered money into the account from PTSB online last night at 7pm - it was in my number26 account at 11.30am next day! Colour me impressed.

Pin code all done through the app aswel, no more waiting on separate letters!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 metabubble

Author of the NFC article here:

I am a bit disappointed that the discussion didn't go towards the fact that this kind of information is being stored is not part of the Privacy Policy or Terms of Service. However I am happy that this got picked up anyways and spread some awareness.

In my personal case, someone could scan my card in my wallet in my jeans. It would reveal I have been to the Czech Republic on a specific date where I could have lied to someone about my whereabouts (i.e. employer or spouse).

Maybe that is not possible with mobile phone "all purpose" NFC antennas, but with a device like the iZettle NFC I have successfully initiated a payment (and therefore a clean communication with the card) through my jeans. My wallet carries 6(!) NFC enabled cards in it, but there was no jamming and the outermost card worked fine and without delays.

The next problem is, since in your everyday life you might use 80% NFC payments, which don't show up in the card's history, you might keep a much longer (in terms of time) transaction history on your card than you think. (Only payments with contact are being recorded as it seems)

Also, not all of my Mastercards do this. I guess since Number26 is a new "bank" they didn't spend so much effort configuring the EMV chip - trusting the defaults to be the best options...

If you have any questions, I am happy to answer them

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Card arrived. 4 business days after video verification. Looks really nice and simple to activate via app.

You need a new Card now.

The first 6 numbers are the same throughout every Number26 Card, 517337 - maybe differnet for .ie issued cards, but among them, all the same.
    Valid through is readable and the few numbers inbetween, I'd guess:

5173 3716 6159 7372
    or
    5173 3716 2729 7372

if I am right or just slightly off, deactivate the card now and get a new one. And don't post pictures of your card if you don't understand how blur, deblur and even pixelate works. Someone with higher ambitions might get it completely right - since one can test the validity of a number with math

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

metabubble wrote: »
    You need a new Card now.

The first 6 numbers are the same throughout every Number26 Card, 517337 - maybe differnet for .ie issued cards, but among them, all the same.

Scroll down
    https://www.deutscheskonto.org/de/number26-kontoeroeffnung/

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

fbradyirl wrote: »
    And did you get notifications of all of this in your app? Sounds good.

Yes I did, notifications are almost immediate in my experience when using ATM etc.

Thank god that person stole that photo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

Thank god that person stole that photo :)

There's no verification code in the image either.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    There's no verification code in the image either.

Neither it is required on amazon

• Advertisement

Neither it is required on amazon

But it's on every real card was my point :p

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

I was concerned about the privacy yes aswell as the tax charge being listed as €25. Do the cards have contactless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Number26 has released a new privacy statement. I can't post links yet, so you'll have to look for it yourself. There is a link from my original blogpost too...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Number26 has released a new privacy statement. I can't post links yet, so you'll have to look for it yourself. There is a link from my original blogpost too...

They don't seem very pro active with privacy issues.

Joo0 wrote: »
    They don't seem very pro active with privacy issues.

Nope. Had to open a keg first.. as always with them.

All they are after is growth - so why waste time on the legal stuff... just sell it as better, newer, shinier

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Has anyone received the €10 bonus for referring a friend? I referred several who used the referral link, signed up, activated their cards, but Number26 tell me the invitations are still pending. I've spoken to support several times and they tell me it will be "a few weeks" before I get an answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

You need a new Card now.

Valid through is readable and the few numbers inbetween, I'd guess:

5173 3716 6159 7372
    or
    5173 3716 2729 7372

if I am right or just slightly off, deactivate the card now and get a new one. And don't post pictures of your card if you don't understand how blur, deblur and even pixelate works. Someone with higher ambitions might get it completely right - since one can test the validity of a number with math

I have enough IT qualifications to know how to blur or chop up a photo! :-) yep, the one I posted was pasted from their website. Looks the same as mine, except for all those digits and stuff.

Arbie wrote: »
    Has anyone received the €10 bonus for referring a friend? I referred several who used the referral link, signed up, activated their cards, but Number26 tell me the invitations are still pending. I've spoken to support several times and they tell me it will be "a few weeks" before I get an answer.

I did. I got €10 as soon as she verified the card by typing the digits into the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

I did. I got €10 as soon as she verified the card by typing the digits into the app.

What digits were they? My referrals got emails with one-time use links. No referral codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

Arbie wrote: »
    What digits were they? My referrals got emails with one-time use links. No referral codes.

He means the process to verify the card through the mobile app when you receive it by post.

I just remembered I sent in an email requesting my account to be closed at the time of the €30 charge. Said I did not agree to the changes in the contract or whatever. Never heard a single thing back from them! lol :D

I just remembered I sent in an email requesting my account to be closed at the time of the €30 charge. Said I did not agree to the changes in the contract or whatever. Never heard a single thing back from them! lol :D

You have to do a video call with them for cancelling I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

They require you to send in a signed form (which you can download from the web online banking) if you want to cancel.

In case of refusal to accept the new terms that is waived if you send your refusal to their specific e-mail but I think they have decided to ignore the emails from those of us who complained about the stamp duty because it got fixed.

Or they are still in backlog and our accounts stop working when the change goes into effect next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Hi Guys, Just a quick one for someone that may have expiernced this issue before,

Was in Enniskillen on saturday, Got a few clothes in next, Everything came to approx 72 euro(£55), I had around €90 in my account at the time, Transaction failed on me tho. Any ideas why?*

*I have a revolut card but didn't have enough in my account at the time so unfortunately i had to use my UB debit card. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, Just a quick one for someone that may have expiernced this issue before,

Was in Enniskillen on saturday, Got a few clothes in next, Everything came to approx 72 euro(£55), I had around €90 in my account at the time, Transaction failed on me tho. Any ideas why?*

*I have a revolut card but didn't have enough in my account at the time so unfortunately i had to use my UB debit card. :(
    Have you got Payments abroad turned on in the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Bummer1234 wrote: »

Enniskillen is for the purpose of Mastercard outside Ireland, have you enabled "payments abroad" in "card settings"?

Savman wrote: »
    Have you got Payments abroad turned on in the app?

FFS...That was it, Thanks a million savman, I never even thought about that.

• Advertisement

Enniskillen is for the purpose of Mastercard outside Ireland, have you enabled "payments abroad" in "card settings"?

Also thanks Yggr of Asgard, Yea it wasn't enabled on the app and i never even thought of it.

Have it enabled now and for the foreseeable future. Thanks again guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement