Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number26 launching free mobile-first bank account in Ireland (Revolut alternative)

Options
1313233343537»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭elmoslats

Interview with the founder http://it.adviseonly.com/blog/investire/fintech/dalla-germania-sulle-ali-del-fintech-parla-il-ceo-di-number26/

Apparently signups are closed because they've run out of cards. (Google translated):

> Valentin, how's the service in Italy? And why at this moment you can not sign up?

>We simply run out of cards! That's why we are still in Italian. But I hope we can back up and running within a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

I have been using N26 now for nearly 3 months. And find it great.

Used it home and abroad

Only annoying thing can be the delay in transferring money. But once you take this into consideration. Not an issue

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Julabo wrote: »
    Only annoying thing can be the delay in transferring money. But once you take this into consideration. Not an issue

There shouldn't be an issue with transfers. Any transfers I make to and from my N26 account usually take less than 24 hours (not including non-working days).

Any issue you have is probably with the other bank not meeting SEPA requirements and you should follow it up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

elmoslats wrote: »
    Interview with the founder http://it.adviseonly.com/blog/investire/fintech/dalla-germania-sulle-ali-del-fintech-parla-il-ceo-di-number26/

Apparently signups are closed because they've run out of cards. (Google translated):

> Valentin, how's the service in Italy? And why at this moment you can not sign up?

>We simply run out of cards! That's why we are still in Italian. But I hope we can back up and running within a couple of months.

I ordered a new card last week, hopefully not a delay :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

I haven't used my card in months but the other day I received an app notification that I didn't have enough funds in my account. It seems some transaction was trying to go through. I've never used it for any type of subscription or anything. I had a look for my card and it's still in my wallet. They haven't been charging stamp duty or anything lately have they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

elmoslats wrote: »

He really loves this hoodie, keep seeing it all over the Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭NeverWaining

This post has been deleted.
    No nothing at all. I didn't see anything anyway. Looks like there's no way to find out from the site/app either.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

ahbell wrote: »
    I ordered a new card last week, hopefully not a delay :mad:

I'd say they keep stock for replacements. I'm about to order another one. First one has my Iban on it. Second one doesn't. I've cracked 2 now in different places, which stops NFC from working. They might be changing supplier. I can't be the only person this has happened to. Possibly whatever ****ty supllier AIB uses. No other Irish bank can compete with the level of AIB cards that the nfc fails on.

Otherwise I find them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,218 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

TempAc wrote: »
    I'd say they keep stock for replacements. I'm about to order another one. First one has my Iban on it. Second one doesn't. I've cracked 2 now in different places, which stops NFC from working. They might be changing supplier. I can't be the only person this has happened to. Possibly whatever ****ty supllier AIB uses. No other Irish bank can compete with the level of AIB cards that the nfc fails on.

The IBAN has been removed from cards due to security concerns (according to German Customer Services).

The "we ran out of cards" line I would not believe, they have more than enough cards to deal with new German customers.

They have changed their business model, for example they have started rejecting customers in Germany because of Schufa (credit reference) challenges, they now check Schufa for each new account.

So I'm not sure if the "we ran out of cards" is not a simple excuse until they and their new backers find out what they want to do with customers outside Germany where they have no additional products they can make money from (like overdrafts).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Another excellent post Yggr of Asgard - any change to the €5 take it or leave it annual charge which includes atm withdrawal tax if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

TempAc wrote: »

Waited a full week for a new card and still waiting... not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭TempAc

ahbell wrote: »
    Waited a full week for a new card and still waiting... not the best.
    Yeah, I've waited a full week for Irish cards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Allyall wrote:
    Which card has the bad weekend rates? The Revolut or N26 card? I can't remember and I'm buying something at the moment online.

Revolut

How bad are the rates at weekend? Thought they were the current interbank/foreign exchange rate?
    Are both cards not the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement