Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventure Racing award onA/R

Options
  • 07-12-2015 3:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey

Just wondering if we should be concerned that the A/R forum is giving out an "Adventure Racing" award? May I also point out they are doing so without nominating Ireland's greatest ever endurance/ adventure racing athlete, our own Enduro?

Seems a little funny.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Hey

Just wondering if we should be concerned that the A/R forum is giving out an "Adventure Racing" award? May I also point out they are doing so without nominating Ireland's greatest ever endurance/ adventure racing athlete, our own Enduro?

Seems a little funny.

Link?

I'd see it as a positive step if they are doing an adventure racing classification, it means they miss us over there ;)

I think the way it works is people have to be nominated by posters to be included. His stuff is very often so way out there people can't conceive what he has achieved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭watercarrier

sconhome wrote: »
    Link?

I'd see it as a positive step if they are doing an adventure racing classification, it means they miss us over there ;)

I think the way it works is people have to be nominated by posters to be included. His stuff is very often so way out there people can't conceive what he has achieved.

I see what you mean. I would have him somewhere between Eamon Coughlan and Tom Crean in terms of heroic Irishmen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

high praise indeed..

can you psot a link to this award nomination you refer to

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭watercarrier

Unable to link as I'm actually banned from there still outrageous slight

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it's not an Adventure racing award, it's a mountain running/ultra award, which would appear to be in the right area.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement