Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexual Harassment while out running/ cycling

Options
  • 07-12-2015 3:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi-

I've heard this is an issue w/ some females having it occur nearly dozens of times. Do people have tips on how to deal/ avoid it? Also- how widespread is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Hi-

I've heard this is an issue w/ some females having it occur nearly dozens of times. Do people have tips on how to deal/ avoid it? Also- how widespread is it?

I heard it happens alot. but not to the uggers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Very rare to hear stories of this. Only happened to me once or twice. I mustn't be hot enough. :)

Very rare to hear stories of this. Only happened to me once or twice. I mustn't be hot enough. :)

If it would make you feel better I'll leer at you at swimming tonight, slap you on the ass as you get out of the pool and make a suggestion comment about where I'd like to put my snorkel?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Inventive User Name

I'm a male runner and from a rural area, but when I'm in college in Galway city it probably happens about once every ten days. Not sexual (I don't think!), just sneers. I couldn't care less tbh, I actually think it's a bit pathetic. It's a shame when it happens to beginners or 'slower' people though, it's something that might discourage someone less confident in themselves to keep at it. I'm fairly decent and they still find flaws regardless.
    You've just got to bare in mind that their opinions are totally irrelevant. Anyone who makes those kind of comments are undoubtedly insecure losers who are just trying to justify to themselves that they are somehow superior than you (which they clearly aren't). Just my two cents! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I''d two eejits roaring politically incorrect terms at me when running in the storm at the weekend. I laughed, seeing me in leggings obviously heightened their own insecurities and inadequacies.

• Advertisement

sconhome wrote: »
    I''d two eejits roaring politically incorrect terms at me when running in the storm at the weekend. I laughed, seeing me in leggings obviously heightened their own insecurities and inadequacies.

How are eugene and paul these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭blue note

It happens to me a bit. I wear those right running trousers though and I'd be way above average in terms of penis size, so you'd probably make out the outline if you were to look.

I don't really mind though, it's quite breathtaking in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

sconhome wrote: »

but you wore the Irish jersey you are a machine

peter kern wrote: »
    but you wore the Irish jersey you are a machine

I wasn't wearing an Irish jersey in the area where I was running on Saturday

PS I never qualified for one, even on a roll down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

did you not qualify for the worlds in london ?

• Advertisement

peter kern wrote: »
    did you not qualify for the worlds in london ?

Ouch salt in the wounds!!

My wife did qualify in her first race back after 4 years out. I think I may have been offered something in the 3 or 4th roll down just to make up numbers! I deleted the email prior to reading it fully so can't won't say for sure. :o

Advertisement