Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair internship

Options
  • 07-12-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I currently doing an 6 month internship for college,which finished on the 28th of last month, I asked could I maybe stay on for another week or two as I had still money on my canteen badge didn't want it going to waste. They were more than happy to keep me on, mostly likely cause I'm not getting paid. This was a few weeks ago no date was said when to finish I thought I could pick the date as my contract had ended but of the blue the manager informed me Friday I wont be finishing until the 24th!

I can say no to this cant I?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,572 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I'd imagine you can leave.
    But
    You'd need to check with your college, I'm not sure How it works but you don't need these guys causing ripples by saying you walked out and left them stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Is there any chance you might pick up a job with them when you graduate???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Is there any chance you might pick up a job with them when you graduate???

I was told to come back to them, maybe just pay it clean and don't rock the boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wouldn't be working for free until the 24th. Your internship is over. I'd probably approach the manager and just say that you're leaving, as you can't afford to work for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CodeNameEagle

Don't close any doors behind. You never know, just go and enplane to the manager that this was a misunderstanding.

• Advertisement
Advertisement