Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barge Board/Fascia Board Replacement Cost

Options
  • 07-12-2015 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a rental property and the letting company has told me that during the inspection of the guttering the builder said the barge board is rotted and needs fixing.

He seems to think it is a big job but I would like to get the boards opinion.

Its a semi detached standard 3 bed house. The main cost I can think of is the scaffolding. Once that is up is it as simple as get up, remove the old board, put a new one on and then put the new gutters and fascia onto the new board.

Im assuming that if the barge board is rotted it wont really affect the the sides of the roof up towards the ridge?

Any thoughts on what it entails and if anyone has done it recently id love to know the costs you paid.

House is in Belfast BTW.

Thanks.

Advertisement