Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not paid provate painting job

Options
  • 07-12-2015 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Okay Private contract with a local old man I know , who has an Alcohol problem and is totally manipulative so I found out , I dutifully washed down , sanded, filled, organized and painted 4 rooms , a bathroom and exterior of his cottage, plus garden work , strimming , clearing for 500 euro , the agreed price was 1000 and he then stated work not complete showing me a photo of a full bin and 2 ladders outback , ( he just doesn't want to pay ) and I am annoyed at this , total hours more than 150 and work under taken was very good and I went above the call of duty , do I have any recourse through small claims court or what should I do ?, I have photos of work before and after , there was a verbal contract plus I have emails kept and the garden work was not mentioned in the overall job

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

From the sounds of it, I think if you took him to court you'd be wasting your time. It sounds like he doesnt have the money.

A solictors letter might be a better use of your time/money. He might realise you're serious about being paid and try to find some money for you.

but 150 hours (nearly 4 weeks work) to paint 5 rooms, the outside of the cottage & tidy/clear a garden seems like an awful long time.

Advertisement