Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Address

Options
  • 07-12-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,
    I am running an outsourced accounting and payroll service from my base in Galway.
    I am looking at extending this business to Dublin but am hoping to initially use my staff in Galway to prepare the books and records until I have enough work on the books to justify an office and staff in Dublin.

I feel that I need a Dublin address to attract Dublin based businesses. I know that I can rent a virtual address but at €20 a month for a basic package, but uts not what im looking for. I am in Dublin myself 2/3 times a week for meetings etc so could benefit from an area to work from / meet people.

After all that rambling ill get to the point!!!
    Is there any business out there in a similar position wanting a Galway address / office or willing to come to an arrangement with me regarding using your address and renting a desk on a per use basis or me looking after your payroll or accounts etc etc

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you don't get anywhere there are several companies offering serviced office space in Dublin:
    http://www.regus.ie/
    http://dospace.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I think you might not be seeing the wood for the trees. You are a service provider, someone to whom services are outsourced. IMO it does not matter a d@mn as to where you are based in Ireland. Galway is just down the road from anywhere. Why burden your young company with the overhead of an office and all that entails? As for meeting clients, a rent-a-desk location is not going to do the image any favours and as the “supplier” you should be beating the pavement, out and about, visiting them on their sites, not the other way around. In your position I would build up a sizeable business in Dublin first, then consider a staffed Dublin office.

If you really believe it important (and what you wrote does not convince me) think about seleccting one of your Dublin clients who might be happy to oblige for a reduction in your fees in return for providing a postal address & hot desk or meeting room for occasional use. The only downside for the client is image - should anything happen to your business the adverse PR could rub off on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

I also wouldnt worry about a Dublin address. Your an outsourced provider so your appeal is probably more cost rather than location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭getaroom

Id want to meet my accountant at least once a year.

Advertisement