Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Accommodation. On campus or renting?

Options
  • 07-12-2015 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

Which do you think is better? Experience wise for 1st year. I'm torn renting a house with a group of friends or going into belgrove for first year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Blue giant

Consonata wrote: »
    Which do you think is better? Experience wise for 1st year. I'm torn renting a house with a group of friends or going into belgrove for first year.

I'd go for on campus. It's really handy to get to everywhere on campus, especially the first few weeks when there's loads of events on. You'll also get to meet loads of new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ciaraofcourse

Overall I much preferred renting but campus is a safer bet for your first year. Landlords can be a handful to deal with and the terms and conditions will be much less student-friendly. All your neighbours are students and mostly first years!

Advertisement