Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Boots

• 07-12-2015 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Being nearly Christmas I thought I would buy myself a new pair of boots. I am having trouble finding a nice pair that don't look like power ranger boots. Can anybody recommend a good pair of boots that look like normal footwear or a website to shop for casual looking boots? I was looking at a pair of TCX X-Raps. They seem perfect because they don't look like motorbike boots but I have no idea how good the protection is on them.

I am looking to spend 130 - 180 ish. could go higher depending on the boots.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

I've the tcx x Street (exact same but more mids than hi tops) wore them today in the pissing rain and my feet were bone dry, they seem fairly sturdy and are very comfortable for walking around town too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Rory28 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Being nearly Christmas I thought I would buy myself a new pair of boots. I am having trouble finding a nice pair that don't look like power ranger boots. Can anybody recommend a good pair of boots that look like normal footwear or a website to shop for casual looking boots? I was looking at a pair of TCX X-Raps. They seem perfect because they don't look like motorbike boots but I have no idea how good the protection is on them.

I am looking to spend 130 - 180 ish. could go higher depending on the boots.

You should have bought your boots over the black friday cyber monday weekend.
    Loads of german and EU shops doing deals with up to 50% off on bike gear.

You might be lucky and still get a cracking good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

thanks guys. shame I missed the black Friday sales but oh well. I will have a look at the street ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Daytona.
    I do about 15000 km/ year, all weather. I got 8 years from the first set.

Roadtoad wrote: »
    Daytona.
    I do about 15000 km/ year, all weather. I got 8 years from the first set.

any type in mind? are they full on race boots or just boots?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hi op

I have the tcx xrap bought them direct from Italy as they were the cheapest supplier I could find

http://www.motostorm.it/

Lovely comfortable boot.only downside I found I got the brown suede ones the suede gets mucky under my gear lever so have to be cleaned easily done .

But yes they are a nice boot with decent ankle protection.

thanks for the website listermint. really good prices on it. they have discontinued the xraps in the colour I want so... nuts anyway. still a great website and I'm sure I will find something here eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Daytona boots are the bizzo very pricey but very good. I have 2 pairs of the alpinestars SMX Plus boots, one is Goretex and 1 non goretex for the summer. 1st set I have nearly 4 yrs and not a bother on them and perfect in even the worst rain and very comfortable. The armour on them is top notch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Neither of these are 'casual' as the OP requires though :)

Thanks Wonda-boy. I already have a good pair boots like them. RST something or other. really good for torrential days but I hate walking around with massive boots on. I am looking for a pair of smaller, less track-day looking. Thanks again tho.

• Advertisement

Only reason I posted them up was because of the comfort, yes they are full form boots but I were them all day long at the road races and the comfort is incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Only reason I posted them up was because of the comfort, yes they are full form boots but I were them all day long at the road races and the comfort is incredible.

Are yours the goretex ones?
    Do they keep you dry and warm?

I have Oxtar race boots and am sick and tired of getting wet feet in this current weather.They will only hold out a certain amount of water and then next minute,my feet feel like Ive jumped into a swimming pool.:(

Can I ask you what european size (44,45,46 etc) would be a UK size 10?

Tks.:)

from shopping online the last two days I learned the sizes. 45 is a uk 10.

Are yours the goretex ones?
    Do they keep you dry and warm?

I have Oxtar race boots and am sick and tired of getting wet feet in this current weather.They will only hold out a certain amount of water and then next minute,my feet feel like Ive jumped into a swimming pool.:(

Can I ask you what european size (44,45,46 etc) would be a UK size 10?

Tks.:)

The goretex SMX plus are just incredible, there is a full miniture boot of goretex lining inside the leather boot. Its virtually impossible to get wet...I have the non goretex version and all that is missing is the inner boot.

I have been out in severe rain in Germany last year (and when it rains there it ****IN RAINS!) for hours and bone dry. Best money I ever spend thats why I bought the non goretex version also.

They are so good 3 of the lads they go on Sunday spins bought them on my recommendation, all happy campers.....or should I say riders.

Advertisement