Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 7-12-15

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

this show continues to be so bad that I (someone who thinks he will probably watch no matter how bad it is) am constantly questioning why I watch and if that should continue.

Lucky for them I know in the back of my mind the Rumble is only around a month away and the road to Wrestlemania starts then when they usually make some sort of decent effort.

*resists the urge to rant *

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yeah they parted ways backstage. Del Rio berated Zeb and threatened him a with a chair. Then Zeb just scooted off on his little mobility scooter. Just as well, made no sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Went to bed with an hour left of RAW, seems like I dodged a bullet!

Do we have tater tots? What are they?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yeah they parted ways backstage. Del Rio berated Zeb and threatened him a with a chair. Then Zeb just scooted off on his little mobility scooter. Just as well, made no sense.

I imagine it's all building to TLC where Zeb will come to the aid of Swagger only to screw him over and pass a chair to Del Rio.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Went to bed with an hour left of RAW, seems like I dodged a bullet!

78365009_XS.jpg?w=442&h=442&keep_ratio=1

apparently it's what Sheamus has instead of potatoes according to Roman. WWE writing at it's best!

*once again resists the urge to really open up with a huge rant*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

jaykhunter wrote: »

I think they're like little hash browns or croquets. Small bits of battered/bread-crumbed spud.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

C'mon BH let rip with a rant, ya know you want to..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

this show continues to be so bad that I (someone who thinks he will probably watch no matter how bad it is) am constantly questioning why I watch and if that should continue.

Lucky for them I know in the back of my mind the Rumble is only around a month away and the road to Wrestlemania starts then when they usually make some sort of decent effort.

*resists the urge to rant *

Just watch the top 10 they put on the wwe youtube channel and if theres a good match usually this thread is a good pointer towards one

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

*once again resists the urge to really open up with a huge rant*

Was I alone in being really pissed off with Reigns after that speech? "Fighting Irish" and "potatoes" are borderline racism. Why are people supposed to be cheering for a racist bully? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

It's not racism if Roman Reigns says it to Sheamus because Roman Reigns is the man and he is going to be the next Bruno Sammartino and Hulk Hogan and John Cena rolled into one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Huh so much for BE A STAR, when the top guy has to resort to stereotypes.

Sure remember all the gay jokes during the buildup to Dwayne Johnson vs. John Cena in 2012?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Huh so much for BE A STAR, when the top guy has to resort to stereotypes.

I actually tweeted #BeAStar to @WWE last night. :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    C'mon BH let rip with a rant, ya know you want to..

better out than in...

Why is it we got Survivor series teams and matches just in time for the PPV after survivor series! it's infuriating when you think we had no actual classic elimination matches announced for that PPV before the pre show kicked off and yet now once it's over they establish the League of Nations vs Reigns, Ambrose & The Usos and at the same time The Wyatts vs The ECW Alumni.

Speaking of establishing these groups, the opening of the show was all about establishing how The league of nations had formed etc and yet where the hell were they during the main event when Sheamus planned to teach Roman Reigns a lesson.

Even if they weren't there to back up the guy who seems to be acting as their leader or to further establish that they are a unified group surely they too would want to restore some cred by getting one over on Reigns after he single handidly defeated them in a 4 on 1 handicap match on SD but nah.

As a result after some eye rolling Irish stereotyping from Reigns (be a srta future face of the company) he of course is the one who ends the show looking good spearing Sheamus through a table cos heaven forbid the guy you are constantly talking about being a screwed over Daniel Bryan 2.0 underdog might actually not look strong.

Also considering it lead to nothing at all except those two brawling why was that segment so long? wait no don't question it afterall this is from the same people who brought us Del Rio's allaince with Zeb Coulter, Mex America and all that Jazz.

Why was Zeb with ADR in the first place? They cut promos about breaking down borders and becoming united and their supposed to be heels? and now they are going their seperate ways, even if it's a swerve to have Zeb screw Swagger at TLC will anyone care? and why is Zeb in a mobility scooter anyway? or right because...umm just because. Speaking of Del Rio, the guy beat John Cena clean in around 7mins and now around 2 months later he is feuding with Jack Swagger! jaysus the WWE cant let anyone have momentum can they

Actually before I move past confusing heel face dynamics what about the Divas. Charlotte faces Paige in the Divas title match but based off their recent storyline portrayl I'd guess im not supposed to like either of them but have sympathy with Becky Lynch who isn't in the match... way to go WWE that Revolution is going like gangbusters eh.

and Yes the Miz, why is every single edition of Miz TV so god damn cringeworthy? The guy is actually good at hosting (was the best thing about tough enough imo) but every time there is a Miz TV segment all I think is car crash imminent.

I'm sure there is so much more to rant about, like unless their next show is the upcoming PPV they never seem to give any reason to watch it on the show your watching, cmon just try and tell me why I have to tune in next week, you know most people don't watch smackdown so at least tempt me to come back for more Raw. Infact i'd honestly think that just watching PPVs might be a better way to go then you would get those pre match videos making the last few weeks of TV feuds look like they were much better than they were and a good match without slowly watching different wrestlers lose all their credability. Dolph Ziggler for example has been destroyed this past year and is now taking Tyler Breeze with him.

It's hard to believe that Ziggler was the guy that last year when Sting debuted was the last man standing and the man that removed The authorithy from power now he is the guy whose last 2 feuds were holding back Rusev and Breeze from doing something decent. I mean why the hell are they still feuding, you beat him at SS Breeze stop coming out and setting up a VIP lounge during his matches.

I don't miss John Cena personally (although yes he has had a good year esp with his US open challenge) but I would welcome him back because he is probably the only person the WWE can book to look strong whose name isn't Roman Reigns and sadly they don't seem to be using the time without Cena (and Orton and others) to push others and make new stars in the main event scene. Even Ambrose & Owens which could be great has a distinct feeling of being an after thought to it like there isn't actually anything written for it storyline wise despite the fact that outside of New Day it's guys like these that when not reduced to a Reigns sidekick could actually make the show watchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Sheamus 5:15, Good jesus

Wow how good it is to see that good young talent Thomas Dreamer in the last match on Raw

That Reigns Sheamus ''confrontation'' was the most ridiculously embarrassing way to build up the next ppv main event ive seen in a long time, Rock must have given Roman some pointers, i said fruity pebble, you say tato tot

Lesnar cant come back quick enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Sheamus 5:15, Good jesus

Meltzer said today its like something TNA would do. Absolute rinky dink bull****.

Wow how good it is to see that good young talent Thomas Dreamer in the last match on Raw

tbh I don't have an issue with Dreamer (and Rhyno) as at least it's different and interesting and probably won't be run into the ground (I'd hope dreamer is gone off our screens in a few months at most).

Actually it was the other half of that feud The Wyatts who peaked my interest in this show the most when I watched it for a very similar reason although that quickly changed.

When the lights went out and returned to have The Wyatts confront The League of Nations I was genuinely interested. Yeah it was heel vs heel and The Wyatts have been made look very week recently (Taker/Kane made em look like chumps tbh) but it was so different and interesting compared to anything else we were being presented with. Pretty sure the crowd reaction would show they thought the same if I checked and I was actually dissapointed when The Dudleys music hit as all I could think even when Rhyno appeared was o well here come the face groups as the booking returns to the predictable norm,

When the lights went out and returned to have The Wyatts confront The League of Nations I was genuinely interested. Yeah it was heel vs heel and The Wyatts have been made look very week recently (Taker/Kane made em look like chumps tbh) but it was so different and interesting compared to anything else we were being presented with. Pretty sure the crowd reaction would show they thought the same if I checked and I was actually dissapointed when The Dudleys music hit as all I could think even when Rhyno appeared was o well here come the face groups as the booking returns to the predictable norm,

Yeah totally agree, i think that was the loudest the crowd were all show was when the wyatts appeared against sheamus and the lads, then in the blink of an eye, they killed my interest, when the Dudleys turned up, now i dont mind the Dudleys, but flogging that ECW horse again with Dreamer and Rhyno in 2015 just highlights the problem even more, with wwe now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Instead of adding Dreamer and Rhino I think it would have been a good way to bring in new members of the extended Dudley family pick a few guys from NXT and give them the rub with the Dudley name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Glad I fell asleep just before it started. tatertots :pac: :pac: :pac:

Then you're adding people to the Dudley family who would have a lot to live up to after Bubba Ray & D-Von are gone. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but just wondering would it be wise?

I was also thinking Roman may have daddy issues the amount of times he called Sheamus son.

Then you're adding people to the Dudley family who would have a lot to live up to after Bubba Ray & D-Von are gone. I'm not saying it's a bad idea but just wondering would it be wise?

Well there is Spike, Big Dick, Dances with, Sign Guy, Dudley, Chubby that spring to mind right now I'm sure there plenty more members of the Dudley family I'm forgetting about.

His Daddy would be able to march out there and beat the **** out of half of the roster probably.

They should have forgot about Rhyno and Dreamer and sent out Samoa Joe and James Storm, call themselves Team Impact ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Seamus is such a great heel tbh, he gets genuine heat - even from the internet people. Look at you all "GRRRR I HATE HIM!" yes, hes doing what hes meant to be doing. The problem is, hes against a guy who says "tater tots" and cant actually cut a promo so all you are left with is hating Seamus properly because he doesnt get his comeuppance from a decent face.

Its amazing just how all in they are on reigns (the big guy from the shield, have a think about that) and everyone else is getting killed at his altar

BMMachine wrote: »
    Seamus is such a great heel tbh, he gets genuine heat - even from the internet people. Look at you all "GRRRR I HATE HIM!" yes, hes doing what hes meant to be doing. The problem is, hes against a guy who says "tater tots" and cant actually cut a promo so all you are left with is hating Seamus properly because he doesnt get his comeuppance from a decent face.

I don't hate sheamus, I just don't care about what he does, face or heel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Today was my 1st Tuesday in god knows how long I was off so I said **** it i'll stay up for raw and see what the craic is

So they bring out 16 guys to kick off the show it felt like something that would happen at a House show especially as most of these guys had other roles to play later on in the night, Where to start with it....

As someone else said I genuinley said damn when the Dudleys came out , the LON vs the Wyatts was interesting as hell, It wasn't even the ECW guys coming down it was then i knew they'd never let 8 vs 4 happen and it was obvious who was coming down then

To the match itself it was actually ok with a few moments like Rhyno facing down Reigns but it was mostly a massive fail , Burying the Wyatts even deeper ....stupid move, and then basically having Reigns the only guy to look good coming out of it ****ing joke !

Then Sheamus comes backstage all pissed off and sweaty looking and proceeds to blow off a monologue on what hes going to do to Reigns, IT was all wrong ! You're mad as hell someone sticks a mic in you're face , you're going to tell them to get lost or shove them out of the way especially if you're a dickhead heel like he's supposed to be

The Heel Face dynamics are all over the place Charlotte and Paige I don't know what the hell is going on there but its all so forced and awkward looking with Charlotte and her dad , and Paige ended up looking like the punk and is she supposed to be a face ?

Same again with the Ryback Rusev thing on one hand you have Rusev saying he's going to kill ryback yet you have his valet (who's supposed to be his side) telling Ryback he's forgiven

On Owens and Ambrose , Owens is doing his job perfect no complaints here...Ambrose on the other hand how is supposed to look like a threat ? Whenever he gets a smell of a title or a big win hes been booked to look stupid so to me now he's just looks like some eejit who's out to annoy the real wrestlers and then take a beating for his trouble , Ziggler and Breeze just look like brothers may aswell stick them together

Advertisement