Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW 7-12-15

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why can't it be like this more often?!?

Cos they dont do "Which is better - WWE/NXT" surveys every week and realise that NXT gets 85% of the votes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yeah totally agree, i think that was the loudest the crowd were all show was when the wyatts appeared against sheamus and the lads, then in the blink of an eye, they killed my interest, when the Dudleys turned up, now i dont mind the Dudleys, but flogging that ECW horse again with Dreamer and Rhyno in 2015 just highlights the problem even more, with wwe now

Kinda reminded me of the Invasion. ECW showed up to take on both WWF and WCW and I popped hard for the rebel promotion making it a 3 way war. Then in a blink of an eye they took it all away by making the *shudder* Alliance of WCW and ECW with Stephanie at the helm of ECW instead of Paul Heyman. They make hot ideas and wreck them within seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

There was a time a wrestler was able to sell a chair shot, hopeless the pair of them but mainly Reigns. It actually made him stand up! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

BMMachine wrote: »
    Seamus is such a great heel tbh, he gets genuine heat - even from the internet people. Look at you all "GRRRR I HATE HIM!" yes, hes doing what hes meant to be doing. The problem is, hes against a guy who says "tater tots" and cant actually cut a promo so all you are left with is hating Seamus properly because he doesnt get his comeuppance from a decent face.

Difference between heat and X-Pac heat. Sheamus has X-Pac heat in many peoples eyes. And if not that, he has complete apathy from the rest of people.

People don't care, about either guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The thing about Reigns is that I was warming to him. After they conceded and gave Rollins the win at Mania, it seemed like they decided to go back and give him a slow build, which I was actually getting to like him in. True his matches weren't masterclasses and his moveset was still limited, but his mic skills were gradually improving over pre Mania and he was winning and losing matches. But then it seems they found out Cena was taking a break and decided the slow build wasn't fast enough so went back to pre Mania status of forcing him on us.

On another note, wonder if they can get the Tater Tot puppet from Girl Meets World
    latest?cb=20150516055343

240?cb=20150516055359

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ruu wrote: »
    There was a time a wrestler was able to sell a chair shot, hopeless the pair of them but mainly Reigns. It actually made him stand up! :o
    It's like he's forgotten how, cause I remember him selling one pretty well when old Seth turned on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sasha shaking her ass while wearing a unicorn headband, while nice to watch, is a bit of shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What was this big seismic change WWE promised? Tater tots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

J. Marston wrote: »
    Sasha shaking her ass while wearing a unicorn headband, while nice to watch, is a bit of shame.

Agree on both points. I reckon she's had the fewest storylines of the three of them since they got called up which is a waste. Though Becky is only being used to further whatever plans they have for Charlotte who's the worst of the three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The thing about Reigns is that I was warming to him. After they conceded and gave Rollins the win at Mania, it seemed like they decided to go back and give him a slow build, which I was actually getting to like him in. True his matches weren't masterclasses and his moveset was still limited, but his mic skills were gradually improving over pre Mania and he was winning and losing matches. But then it seems they found out Cena was taking a break and decided the slow build wasn't fast enough so went back to pre Mania status of forcing him on us.

They knew Cena was leaving for months. Makes their booking this year all the more incomphresible and frankly unforgivable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Mokuba wrote: »
    Difference between heat and X-Pac heat. Sheamus has X-Pac heat in many peoples eyes. And if not that, he has complete apathy from the rest of people.

People don't care, about either guy.

I think the idea of X-Pac heat is a bit silly. The only heel heat anyone gets these days is what some people called "X-Pac heat" (same with Eva Marie). The idea is to use Sheamus to get Reigns over, because people hate Sheamus so much they would cheer for Reigns. It's the only reason heels existed in old-school wrestling. They were purposely less exciting than the babyfaces.

The problem is that the people who really don't like Sheamus don't like Reigns either. That said, the reactions did improve for him the day after Survivor Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think the idea of X-Pac heat is a bit silly. The only heel heat anyone gets these days is what some people called "X-Pac heat" (same with Eva Marie). The idea is to use Sheamus to get Reigns over, because people hate Sheamus so much they would cheer for Reigns. It's the only reason heels existed in old-school wrestling. They were purposely less exciting than the babyfaces.

The problem is that the people who really don't like Sheamus don't like Reigns either. That said, the reactions did improve for him the day after Survivor Series.
    Somewhat true, but that's as much down to the lack of credible faces (not even focusing solely on Reigns). How do you create heel heat when none of us really care if Cena, Orton, Reigns, Ryback win. If you're a wrestler that people like they don't put you in compelling programs where people are desperate for the face to overcome the heel anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I couldnt disagree more that Eva Marie has X -pac heat, she has proper "im a heel" heat and plays up to it all. Sheamus gets nothing of the sort. He wishes he had Eva Marie heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Did you not hear the sound of crickets during that abomination of a segment on RAW? People left in droves according to live reports.

Sheamus is a jobber who has the World title. He's booked like an idiot, he acts like a retard in segments. Why would anyone react to this guy?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The whole thing was upside down and back to front and inside out.

Sheamus should have been in the ring, looking down on Reigns. He should have been the one leading with insults and hiding behind tables and chairs. He wants to "teach a lesson" before TLC? Give him the weapons! Make it look like RR has to outsmart the trap and avoid losing his cool. Not the other way around, FFS.

/minirant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Did you not hear the sound of crickets during that abomination of a segment on RAW? People left in droves according to live reports.

Sheamus is a jobber who has the World title. He's booked like an idiot, he acts like a retard in segments. Why would anyone react to this guy?

So he's different to Rollins how then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

So despite confronting the LON is it fair to say the Wyatts won't have much more if any interactions with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So despite confronting the LON is it fair to say the Wyatts won't have much more if any interactions with them?

I wouldn't say that. Seemed like they were testing the waters, they did the same with the Shield/Wyatts before they feuded the last time. Then again WWE creative could do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

CSF wrote: »
    I wouldn't say that. Seemed like they were testing the waters, they did the same with the Shield/Wyatts before they feuded the last time. Then again WWE creative could do anything.

Maybe. But the Wyatts have Team Extreme until TLC anyway and the LON would I assume be feuding with Roman Reigns so don't see where they'd fit them in. Would love to see it, the LON could seem relatively credible if it was done well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

After watching a snippet of MIZ TV , im confused on who is the heel Paige or Charlotte?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

After watching a snippet of MIZ TV , im confused on who is the heel Paige or Charlotte?

Ahh sure there woman there all crazy

Well I think that's Vincent's view of it anyway. The Divas have weekly turns that would rival the big show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Terrible line in fairness, why bring up potatoes for no reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So he's different to Rollins how then ?

Rollins was supposed to be that way but Sheamus is a by-product of making Roman Reigns look strong™?
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Terrible line in fairness, why bring up potatoes for no reason

Well, he's saying Sheamus has small testicles and thus a coward...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've been trying to think of something to write for over two days now, but I really don't want to hark on about Reigns again.

So I'll say this; I really enjoyed the Divas segment with Charlotte and Paige. Ok, they have an issue with the fact that they've obviously decided to turn Charlotte (and Ric) heel mid-feud with a heel. Presumably, thats why Becky was involved last week, and presumably its why they've been building Sasha up as a face the fans want to see as well; Sasha vs Charlotte seems the obvious match to run at Mania now, so I'd imagine we'll get Becky vs Charlotte vs Paige at the Rumble, then a Number One contenders match at the next PPV, which Sasha can win. But they've got to get this PPV out of the way first.

But I think the turn has been handled very well. Ric is being used excellently to enhance Charlotte's character. Charlotte makes a better heel than face. And the performances from the two Divas and Ric worked well.

The segment showed me real potential in the Divas division to actually have an interesting set of stories for the next few months.

Advertisement