Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa in Limerick

• 07-12-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭

I have 3 smallies who are looking to see santa. Has anyone found him in limerick? :)
    I know there is the santa experience at jetland, any others about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Was going to suggest the Lidl thing outside the Hunt Museum but I think it might have finished.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I couldn't recommend the Jetland enough, we bring our smallies there every year, haven't considered anywhere else to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Clareman wrote: »
    I couldn't recommend the Jetland enough, we bring our smallies there every year, haven't considered anywhere else to be honest.

I brought my little boy out there on Sunday and like you I couldn't recommend enough. It was excellent. They provide very high quality photos too.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's a bit out, but we've booked The Claus House in Bruff for this Sunday. I've no idea how good it will be but it's supposed to be a 40 minute experience with a puppet show, story time, elf workshops, Mrs Claus and most importantly a Santa with a real beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 daisyday121

iguana wrote: »
    It's a bit out, but we've booked The Claus House in Bruff for this Sunday. I've no idea how good it will be but it's supposed to be a 40 minute experience with a puppet show, story time, elf workshops, Mrs Claus and most importantly a Santa with a real beard.

I'd love to know how you get on with that. Could you let us know? Looks good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I've no kids at all but a girl I work with brought her 3 year old to the Jetland and said it was excellent and would highly recommend it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Isn't there one in the Cresent?

No problem, fingerscrossed I'll be back on here on Sunday evening to tell you how great it was. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Isn't there one in the Cresent?

I think its the real santa as well, they've pulled out all the stops

371210.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Is the Crescent one any good?

Jetland and Bunratty booked out, at weekends anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The Crescent one is terrible, so bad it is unbelievable. You've seen the photo, a few years ago we went to see him and were in McDonalds beforehand, you will not believe this but he was in there without the beard and hat and he was loudly having the craic with some mate of his.
    When my daughter tried to tell him about her list he stopped her abruptly and said that there's no need to tell him, its all in the list, she even said later on that that Santa wasn't a bit nice.

Mod edit to fix (what I hope was) an auto-correct error
    Mod edit again to change it to "the craic"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Jesus what a ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

iguana wrote:

Is it actually in Bruff town or is it the Lough Gur one?

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Is it actually in Bruff town or is it the Lough Gur one?

It's in the old convent in Bruff.

iguana wrote:
    It's in the old convent in Bruff.

Cheers! Is it open this week as in Tuesday or Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Declanhehir

ComfortKid wrote: »
    Cheers! Is it open this week as in Tuesday or Wednesday?

Open Friday evening 4.30pm - 7pm and Saturday and Sunday 1pm - 7pm and on Wednesday 23rd Dec 2pm-6pm

Open Friday evening 4.30pm - 7pm and Saturday and Sunday 1pm - 7pm and on Wednesday 23rd Dec 2pm-6pm

Thanks a mill.

It's kind of hard to know how to describe the place as my feelings are a bit mixed. First off everyone involved was wonderful and the Santa is truly fabulous. Like honestly if that Santa was in one of the shopping centres near the city the queues to see him would be several hours long. But the decoration and some of the activities were, as my husband described it, endearingly naff. The other plus points are that the adults are offered complimentary mulled wine, which is nice, the photographs were great and they have a fantastic set up for delivering the presents as an elf knocks on the stove by Santa's chair and the present flies down the chimney. My son nearly jumped through the roof with excitement when that happened.:D

So much of it is a lovely idea and could be absolutely amazing but more effort needs to be put into the way the decoration is done. The venue is a period convent and that just isn't disguised well enough in the activity rooms. My son is 3 so he was enchanted and really believed we'd gone to the north pole and genuinely thought he was in the elves workshop and at Santa's house but if he were a year or two older I'm not sure if he'd have been as impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goodasgold

the one in the jetland is brilliant, you can go online and book your time also you can fill out a form online to let the elves know the childs name age , and what they want for christmas, my boy was very impressed when santa knew that he wanted to know what age he was and his teachers name, the elves are very good with the kids and a whole storyline is played out with the kids as they visit the reindeers and see the sleigh, and the polor bears, very interactive photos are a very high quality, we really enjoyed it,
    we were early so we waited in the waiting area where the kids could colour in and watch the tv . kept them from getting bored

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm booked in for Thursday evening at 7 pm. Hopefully not too busy! My fellah can be poor at waiting sometimes (Autism) so I like the scheduled appointment thing. Filled out his form all ready for our visit. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

MarkR wrote: »
    I'm booked in for Thursday evening at 7 pm. Hopefully not too busy! My fellah can be poor at waiting sometimes (Autism) so I like the scheduled appointment thing. Filled out his form all ready for our visit. :-)

We were there in Saturday and it was manic but they kept the appointment time so they seem good at timekeeping

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Declanhehir

On behalf of The Claus House we would like to thank you for some lovely compliments and do believe that we have a wonderful Santa who has been given a 5 stars by all that visit. Our presents down the children has been a great delight for all the kids. Our different activities, the work shop, the elf school, the story telling, the puppet show, the narnia wadrobe and village have been enjoyed by children of all ages who believe in Santa. We did not hide the fact of the old victorian convent as we felt it added ambience to the Christmas experience. But again thank your for your visit delighted that your child really enjoyed it.

Advertisement