Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy with pay-as-you-go meter

Options
  • 07-12-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I just had a pay-as-you-go meter installed to help with budgeting. Here are the issues:
    • I was not told about a standing charge of €0.29 per day (over €105 per year)
    • I was told it would be "4% cheaper", but find that I am on the Standard Rate - does this mean I was paying 4% over the standard rate previously? Of course, the daily charge would completely wipe out the so-called 4% saving anyway, unless my annual bill was over €2600!
    • I was told that I could "top up online or by text". I was not told that I would have to go outside to my meter and key in a 20-digit number each time I topped up.
    • I was not told about a free €20 top-up which is advertised on the web site and did not receive this
    • I cannot register at electricireland.payzone.ie because it says my email is already registered, but I can't retrieve my password because it says my email is not registered!
    • The only customer service number available is a so-called LoCall 1850 number, which cost a fortune on most mobiles.

[*]

Not happy, Electric Ireland. I am seriously regretting this move.  Answers, please, to all of the above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im sure the reps here will be able to sort out the other issues for your own reference, use +353 21 4868530 for PAYG customer service or payg@electricireland.ie

To topup directly, you need to register and use the card or auto topup which will text the code to the meter so you don't have to do anything. You can setup an automatic change once your balance gets to X amount it will charge X amount to your card. You will get a text every time this happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi BangerB,

Sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Our general Customer Service number is 018529534. You can request to be put through to the Pay As You Go department when you get through on this number.

In relation to registering to top up online, have you checked your spam and trash folders in case you were sent a registration email?

There are a few different types of Pay As You Go meter and the answers to the rest of your questions will depend on this. We need you please send us the following by private message and we can look into your query:
    • your full name
    • your account number
    • the first line of your address
    • your contact number or date of birth
    • confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BangerB

Davy wrote: »
    Im sure the reps here will be able to sort out the other issues for your own reference, use +353 21 4868530 for PAYG customer service or payg<at>electricireland.ie

To topup directly, you need to register and use the card or auto topup which will text the code to the meter so you don't have to do anything. You can setup an automatic change once your balance gets to X amount it will charge X amount to your card. You will get a text every time this happens.
    Thanks, Davy, that's very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BangerB

Hi BangerB,

Sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Our general Customer Service number is 018529534. You can request to be put through to the Pay As You Go department when you get through on this number.

In relation to registering to top up online, have you checked your spam and trash folders in case you were sent a registration email?

There are a few different types of Pay As You Go meter and the answers to the rest of your questions will depend on this. We need you please send us the following by private message and we can look into your query:
    • your full name
    • your account number
    • the first line of your address
    • your contact number or date of birth
    • confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

[*]

Thanks,
    Aoife

________
    [*]
    Thanks, Aoife, I have sent you a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi BangerB,

Thanks for sending us your details by private message.

This has been placed in our queue and we will look into your query as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement