Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone go to Vincent Brown in the Strand hotel in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

power101 wrote: »
    Couldn't attend this tonight unfortunately. Anyone go there that can comment on how the different candidates got on? Disappointed to hear Michael Noonan couldn't attend but being in Brussels is a much better excuse than Jan O Sullivan's ridiculous excuse.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/noonan-unavailable-for-vincent-browne-debate-in-limerick-1-7103855

Jan O'Sullivan is doing her job by attending those meetings. Attending debates for television is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Jan O'Sullivan has zero credibility after this. I truly hope that woman is wiped out come election time and if she has any decency she'll forgo any accrued pension rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭zimmermania

myshirt wrote: »
    Jan O'Sullivan has zero credibility after this. I truly hope that woman is wiped out come election time and if she has any decency she'll forgo any accrued pension rights.
    For the last 10 years kids had leave their homes early in the morning and arrive home late because they could not get a place in a secondary school in limerick,now thanks to OSullivan schools will be provided that will serve the students of limerick for years to come.
    The people of limerick would be mad not to re-elect her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

For the last 10 years kids had leave their homes early in the morning and arrive home late because they could not get a place in a secondary school in limerick,now thanks to OSullivan schools will be provided that will serve the students of limerick for years to come.
    The people of limerick would be mad not to re-elect her.

The people of Ireland would be mad to re-elect anyone from Labour .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

jonski wrote: »
    The people of Ireland would be mad to re-elect anyone from Labour .

He has a point re O'Sullivan! She's done quite a good job for limerick.. no can of Labour but she's one of the few better ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'm not a Labour supporter but to be fair to Jan O'Sullivan she's been one of the better TDs that this city has produced in a long time. She's been fairly good as Minister for Education too.

O'Donnell and O'Dea should certainly be kicked out before Jan, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

FG and Labour do not attend these debates apart from Ms Tuffy. Why go into the lions den you would be asked difficult questions.?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

You know the standard of our elected representatives is dismal when Jan O' Sullivan is touted as one of the better ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Peoples debate on tonight on TV3 (9th December) from Limerick. On in 30 minutes (10pm)

#Popcorn

According to Vincent Browne Michael Noonan and Jan O Sullivan were both given their choice of different times and dates but had no interest in attending.

I'm unsure about Kieran O Donnell. Others may know more

• Advertisement

1st 30 min

Wow Willie O'dea was struggling there. He's completely wrong about Ireland having a low effective tax rate. I think he said 2-3%. Ireland actually has the most effective tax rate in Europe of 12.4%(Down only .1%)

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2014/1124/661969-tax-pwc/

Nothing much from Sarah Jane Hennelly bar mentioning the M20 which seemed like a plug the way she brought it up

Cian Prenderville has probably been the best speaker so far. Unfortunately tough choices need to be made when there's limited funds.

Maurice Quinlivan talking about regeneration. Spoke ok

Green party guy... Unfortunate... Vincent crucified him when he felt weakness

Renua Desmond hayes seemed poor aswell

2nd 30min

All about Health Care in Limerick and Mental Health in Limerick.

Talk about opening some of the closed hospitals. I'd prefer to see more additions to the regional rather than reopening old ones.

Didn't hear a single solution for mental health outside more money which was a bit pointless.

3rd 30 min

All about Shannon Airport and homelessness and housing in Limerick. Talking about reopening closed local authority houses and apartments. Mainly people talking from the crowd.

Vincent seemed to be going easy on most candidates in this round bar the green candidate who took a pounding again.

In favour of repealing 8th amendment

James Gaffney Green Party- Yes repeal
    Desmond Hayes Renua- Won't answer question . Eventually no
    Sarah Jane Hennelly Social Democrats- Yes but not under all circumstances
    Cian Prenderville AAA- Yes repeal
    Maurice Quinlivan- Yes Repeal
    Willie O'Dea- No do not repeal ( Supports the 8th Amendment)

Very surprised by Sarah Jane Hennelly's view tbh thought she would be full yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

According to Vincent Browne Michael Noonan, Kieran O'Donnell Jan O Sullivan were all given their choice of different times and dates but had no interest in attending.

That's not true for KO'D.

I've removed that from my comment then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

power101 wrote:
    Very surprised by Sarah Jane Hennelly's view tbh thought she would be full yes

What was her view?

Seemed like she was only in the case of rape and fetal abnormalities. She called abortion on demand argument damaging for the campaign from what I remember.

I caught most of it. It seemed to be a very ****e debate/discussion.

Did anybody bring up the issue of the motorway between Limerick and Cork? Is this not one of the most important issues facing this region?

It was brought up for about 3 seconds. No serious conversation about it. Jobs and unemployment in Limerick not mentioned once.

• Advertisement

It was brought up for about 3 seconds. No serious conversation about it. Jobs and unemployment in Limerick not mentioned once.

And jobs and unemployment, in the long term, are very much linked to the motorway issue!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 joe_five_pack

vincent browne is never too worried about the economy unless its to do with redistribution of wealth , he has little if any interest in enterprise creation or how to encourage it , beit in limerick or anywhere else

these debates are in the main left wing circle jerk affairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

zulutango wrote: »
    I caught most of it. It seemed to be a very ****e debate/discussion.

Did anybody bring up the issue of the motorway between Limerick and Cork? Is this not one of the most important issues facing this region?

Yep it got a few mentions

Advertisement