Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Turner - 2016

Options
  • 07-12-2015 10:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Feb 11th - Limelight
    Feb 12th - The Academy

Tickets €18 including booking fee go on sale this Friday at 10am from Ticketmaster.ie
    **18+ show – I.D required

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

Noticed that earlier. Still no official announcement, but would expect it in the morning. And confirmation hopefully, if it's solo or w/ The Sleeping Souls.
    £21

• Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Yay!!!! Saw him in Glasgow last month (12th time) and the band are the tightest they've ever been. This better be legit.

That'll do nicely as well. Wonder if he'll do a couple of smaller solo gigs like he did a couple years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Hey hynesie, I was at that Glasgow gig too! First time in the Barras, was not disappointed.

Looking forward to this double header....

• Advertisement

blastman wrote: »
    Hey hynesie, I was at that Glasgow gig too! First time in the Barras, was not disappointed.

Looking forward to this double header....

We seem to go to a lot of the same gigs, I probably know you to see.

It was awesome wasn't it? Really hope he brings skinny lister over with him, they're in Europe with him the weeks beforehand so maybe...

Yep, Skinny Lister and Will Varley again would be great (I missed Will in Glasgow, unfortunately), a crowd-surfing double bass in the Academy would indeed be awesome.

Well, that's a first, a Dublin gig being significantly cheaper than a UK gig. Both tickets got, for €18 in the Academy, it would be madness not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Is the Dublin show sold out? Can't tell if it's that or just ticketmaster acting up.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is the Dublin show sold out? Can't tell if it's that or just ticketmaster acting up.

It sold out about a week or 2 ago

• Advertisement

Sold out. He's doing an in store in tower records that afternoon.

Anyone going up from Dublin to the Belfast gig?

Well, Belfast was fun, looking forward to tonight now...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ts_editor

blastman wrote: »
    Well, Belfast was fun ...
    Yeah. FT really puts it all out there.

Shame about the guy who walked out during 'Glory Hallelujah', leaving his girl behind. :pac:

Maybe it was my singing was the problem, 'cause I was belting that refrain.
    His friend stayed to the end of the main set.
    #We'reAllInThisTogether

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

ts_editor wrote: »
    Yeah. FT really puts it all out there.

Shame about the guy who walked out during 'Glory Hallelujah', leaving his girl behind. :pac:

Maybe it was my singing was the problem, 'cause I was belting that refrain.
    His friend stayed to the end of the main set.
    #We'reAllInThisTogether

Funny song that one, I was looking around during it and there were less hands in the air than most songs but those that do sing along sing it with passion. For me that is about as religious an experience as I'm gonna get :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Raging i couldnt go in the end :( had to work

Great couple of days stalking Frank on his Irish mini tour! :) Two great shows in Belfast and Dublin and the in-store appearance in Tower was a chance to meet the man and hear some songs he doesn't play so often any more e.g. The Real Damage. Hope he doesn't leave it as long next time.....

Advertisement