Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAAC Electric Gates wont close

Options
  • 07-12-2015 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I have FAAC electric gates that have been open for the past few days and won't close. Once Storm Desmond had dissipated took a closer look and think there may be an issue with the beams. One of the beams has a red light on the entire time and the other beam has no light. When I wave my hand past the beam it stays on and there is no sound from the control box.

If the beams sound like they are not the problem there is also an override switch in the house that we use to keep the gates open when visitors are expected. This is in the correct position but perhaps could be broken and keeping the gates open?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

Anyone with thoughts on this? Is this the most appropriate location for the question or would somewhere like home security be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

It could be possible that your beams are not aligned anymore, you could try and see if moving them slightly will realign them. You will know when they are aligned as another red light should come on one of the beams if not the two of them.

Advertisement