Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade to my current PC

Options
  • 07-12-2015 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking to upgrade my PC maybe to play games at a higher speed. I've a budget of approx 450? Might not get me much, would a better graphics card sort it ?

My system is :

+ Club 3D Radeon HD 7950 royalKing, 3GB GDDR5, AMD Radeon HD 7950, PCI- Express

+ ASRock H97 Pro4, Sockel 1150, ATX

+ Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 Box, LGA1150

+ Thermaltake Hamburg 530W

+ 16GB-Kit G.Skill Sniper PC3-14900U CL9-10-9-28

+ Nanoxia Deep Silence DS 3 Dark Black, ohne Netzteil

Would I be able to sell on some of my components?

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Most of the hardware is fine, you could probably just stick a good GPU in there to stay fairly current. If you want to go crazy you could upgrade the CPU while you're at it, but probably not necessary for most games.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

I would upgrade your GPU.
    Is there any games/programs that you are struggling to run atm?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Great machine bar the graphics card.

I'd go to a 970 or a 390 there, you'll be flying after

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Cians Blades

Maybe try a r9 279x for 200 Euro or u can get gtx 660 superclocked for cheap I got one a while back for 80 euro

270 X isn't worth the upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's still a great system with the GPU. You will have to get a GTX970 or R9 390 for it to be worthwhile, anything else is extremely minor. The HD7970 is still a good card.

Don't see how anyone could suggest the CPU needs upgrading! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

Really appreciate your help here folks, I should be ok getting the GTX970 or R9 390, would i have enough juice in my powersupply ?

sirboby > i think i was playing 'watchdogs' and it was freezing a bit. I play Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 as well but i dont think i can have it on high settings. Maybe i was doing something wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

mada999 wrote: »
    Really appreciate your help here folks, I should be ok getting the GTX970 or R9 390, would i have enough juice in my powersupply ?

You'll definitely have enough for the 970... R9 390 should be ok too but eats more. Get a decent brand one will be about 340-50.

As noted already your rig is solid. Can't see why you'd have issues with games. But a 970 \390 should be getting very high/ultra in most games at 1080p.

I'm running a 290 on a 500w so a 390 will be sound at 530w

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

well folks,

went for the below in the end, arriving Monday (hopefully).. thanks for all your help - as usual :)

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked with ACX 2.0 Cooling 4GB Graphics Card

now where will i sell my other graphics card.. would i get any cash for it ??

• Advertisement

Adverts or DoneDeal will get the best price, Cex is quick

Advertisement