Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing a module - When do you have to pay?

Options
  • 07-12-2015 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I am just wondering if you have to pay any fee if you are not going to resit or repeat a failed module. I am thinking of not going to one of my exams this week and instead taking 7 modules in semester 2 to make up 60 credits.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Not sure when but you do know If you don't sit this exam you do know when you repeat your grade is capped at a D-?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 tetracycline

haro124 wrote: »
    Not sure when but you do know If you don't sit this exam you do know when you repeat your grade is capped at a D-?

I'm not planning to resit this exam, I'm going to take up an extra module in second semster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Regarding fees:

You'll have to pay 460 to swap the module for something else. It's also not covered within free-fees. The deadline to drop any unwanted modules was mid-October, around mid-terms. UCD considers you having attempted the module thereafter. Substituted modules, unlike repeats, are not capped.

As to paying the fee, it depends. Once your general debt to the university is below 600, and you've paid at least a third of your overall fees, it doesn't affect you that much. You can register for modules in your next year and whatnot. You may not, depending on when the fee is assigned to your account, have access to your provisional exam results. Meaning, if the provo exam results are released on the 23rd of May, you're generally left waiting another month for final exam results to come out before you have access. Any debt at all on your student account when you finish your degree will result in UCD barring your graduation until you've resolved it.

It's very confusing, and I'm open to correction, but I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Advertisement