Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Game Awards 2015 [** Results in Post #52 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Second batch is up now (PC, Wii U, 3DS, Vita, iOS, Android)

Third batch (of 4) on Tuesday night.

About 24 hours left on this batch. 3rd set go up tomorrow night (all the "Fun" categories).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Um, how do we know if something is only download only? Sorry to be noob but I have no real clue about physical retail games anymore. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Turtwig wrote: »
    Um, how do we know if something is only download only? Sorry to be noob but I have no real clue about physical retail games anymore. :o

Google and Wiki generally tell you.

Join the club. I can't remember the last time I bought a physical PC retail game.
    It's a good question. Maybe check on www.amazon.co.uk?

• Advertisement

OK getting near the end now. The "Fun" categories are now accepting nominations.

Final group (Overall) at the weekend.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well done to 'Was there any Vita retail games released this year?' winning the Best Vita Retail Game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I enjoyed that to be honest. It was a cool sort of meta-game that involved trawling Amazon and the likes all year looking for new Vita releases, only to ultimately come away disappointed and end up flogging the console on eBay. Loved the surprise twist at the end where
    I bought a 3DS instead
    . Doubt anything will top that in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Damn, I missed the Vita category. I would have put Shovel Knight as best downloadable game. One of the very best games of the year.

Shovel Knight has enough noms to be put forward for the vote.

• Advertisement

Thanks all. The final group is open for nominations now (Overall)

I hope to have the survey for voting up before Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Something for next year, while I think of it: is there anything to be said for another mass a separate 'art design' category alongside the graphics one? Might be a way to give underdogs a chance in the sun, since the graphics category is usually understandably dominated by big-hitters.

Maybe it's something most players don't care about, but given we already have the likes of Cuphead, Unravel, Below, Persona 5, Firewatch, The Witness etc... promised for next year - all of which have already made a strong impression - it would be a shame if they were all doomed when competing alongside whatever expensive blockbusters assault our graphics cards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It feels like there are a lot of instances where only 1 game is nominated by a poster. I can understand for something like strategy, racing etc but it's seems a bit odd for the likes of game of the year especially as this is one of the strongest years I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

tok9 wrote: »
    It feels like there are a lot of instances where only 1 game is nominated by a poster. I can understand for something like strategy, racing etc but it's seems a bit odd for the likes of game of the year especially as this is one of the strongest years I can remember.

I can never think of them when it comes time to post and maybe some people didn't play that many games.

Like I spent most of year playing The Witcher 3 and some games that were out last year. Then also I played a lot of Battlefront, which I don't feel is worth nominating as its so lacking in content, but as a Star Wars fan it has me hooked.

And then there are some games that are instantly forgettable, like Halo 5. Which I didn't nominate either and just remembered it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

tok9 wrote: »

Bloodborne is the only one that deserves to win anyway :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Witcher 3 is the only one that deserves to win anyway :pac:

Fixed that for you :pac:

Something for next year, while I think of it: is there anything to be said for another mass a separate 'art design' category alongside the graphics one? Might be a way to give underdogs a chance in the sun, since the graphics category is usually understandably dominated by big-hitters.

Let's go ABSOLUTELY NUTS and add that in now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I can never think of them when it comes time to post and maybe some people didn't play that many games.

I would just say it's worth adding your favourites in. On the end they are only nominations. Either way I wasn't picking on you specifically, I just seemed more noticeable.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bloodborne is the only one that deserves to win anyway :pac:

Well we all know that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What won the awards?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Links234 wrote: »
    What won the awards?

We didn't vote yet, this was just nominations for those to be voted on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Links234 wrote: »
    What won the awards?

1) Bloodboure
    2) Indie Game - The Art Concept
    3) Female character out of MGSV

Survey will be going up today, folks. Sorry for the delay, I was sick last week. :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Survey will be going up today, folks. Sorry for the delay, I was sick last week. :)

Sick of making surveys I bet :D

Good to go, folks.

http://bit.ly/1RigMY4

Only pick the machines that you want to vote on. Everyone will vote for the "Fun" and "Overall" categories.

The survey will stay open until next Monday at 5pm. I'll publish the results that evening.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Voting done, the background was gas :)

Thanks Mr. E for another year of awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Done!!!

Cheers dude.

" So bongo, bongo, bongo I don't wanna leave the Congo, oh-no-no-no-no-no
    Bingle, bangle, bungle I'm so happy in the jungle, I refuse to go
    Don't want no bright lights, false teeth, doorbells, landlords, I make it clear
    That no matter how they coax him, I'll stay right here"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I guess I need to play Bloodbourne :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

What I got from that is that Bloodborne has terrible bosses:pac:

Oh and thanks as always Mr E for organising these.

So.. we can all agree that Witcher 3 and Rocket League will likely win everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 CodeNameEagle

I go for MGSV and hope will be the GOTY as well. Rocket League was my top also.

Advertisement