Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Game Awards 2015 [** Results in Post #52 **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Bloodborne wasnt in the best music category!? Curse you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bloodborne wasnt in the best sound category!? Curse you!

There's quite a few left out of categories that should be given a shot... mostly because I forgot to vote for them. The lack of Undertale characters in the best character category is a crime and I'm a perpetrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bloodborne wasnt in the best sound category!? Curse you!

Or soundtrack!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That fact Bloodbourne wasn't in the Best Game on X-Box category is disgraceful also

Cormac... wrote: »
    That fact Bloodbourne wasn't in the Best Game on X-Box category is disgraceful also

From Software are rectifying that this year. It's called Dark Souls 3 :p

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    Or soundtrack!

I meant to say soundtrack in my original post, not sound! :o In actual fact Bloodborne was a choice in the best sound category

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I meant to say soundtrack in my original post, not sound! :o In actual fact Bloodborne was a choice in the best sound category

Definitely one of the best of the year but there's been so many strong soundtracks this year. Hard to choose between it and stuff like Splatoon, Atelier Shallie, Undertale or others that were or were not nominated.

Ah.. well I was the only one to nominate it. :(

As Retro said there was some fantastic soundtracks this year. AC Syndicate being a game I haven't played but looks to have a great soundtrack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

I put dying light down for everyone it was available for, it was a half sleeper hit that Im suprised not as much people played.

Life is strange for indie/ downloadable/ sound etc

Arkham knight for best story/what were they thinking battlemode batmobile/ and disappointment

And a couple othrrd

Rorok wrote: »
    I put dying light down for everyone it was available for, it was a half sleeper hit that Im suprised not as much people played.

Life is strange for indie/ downloadable/ sound etc

Arkham knight for best story/what were they thinking battlemode batmobile/ and disappointment

And a couple othrrd

Dead Island left a bad taste in my mouth and probably many other peoples mouth'ses, probably the reason it was somewhat sleeper. I have only heard good things about it so will probably get it in a year from now when its on sale for ‎€20 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dead Island left a bad taste in my mouth and probably many other peoples mouth'ses, probably the reason it was somewhat sleeper. I have only heard good things about it so will probably get it in a year from now when its on sale for ‎€20 :D

I already is for nothing now and there is a DLC pack coming that's bigger then the base game next month, DLC will add improved graphics textures and effects to all the base game too.

For me it was one of the best games released last year.

I never played Dead Island as I could tell it looked very bad for gameplay videos so I gave it a miss, this I loved from the first time I saw it in action.

Dead Island definitely put me off and even worse was the fact lots of people swear by their Grannies that it's amazing when it's a steaming crock of cack. I think I'll give it a go in a sale though since I heard lots of good things... but I heard good things about dead island as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dying Light is the game Dead island said it would be.

It is very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think I enjoyed Dead Island more than Dying Light. *Drinks cup of tea*

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think I enjoyed Dead Island more than Dying Light. *Drinks cup of tea*

In dead island they had driving cars (which was okay but you just stormed by zombies making them feel less threatening) I dont think there was any upgrading weapons or crafting or fixing thrm. I only really remember the one normal zombie, the big zombie and the orignal virals. Missions were just drive here and stuff. Nothing was added to combat as you got futher into the game

In dying light you have parkour which is fun but the challanges are impossible. Theres upgrading weapons, more crafting, repairing and some (very few) have camos. Also you had throwing weapoms. There are tons of different zombies, some annoying though but its nice to mix it up. The main missions them self are great (a lot of the side are fetch but the ones that arent are great especially the ones with the scientist twins) Combat improves as you go along, you get drop kick, head pound, spin hit thing and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light was brilliant but to say dead island was crap is doing it an unjustice, they are both very similar dying light is just a fresher experience

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Last few hours.... Survey closes at 5pm today.

da gamer wrote: »
    Dying light was brilliant but to say dead island was crap is doing it an unjustice, they are both very similar dying light is just a fresher experience

Dying light is like a really good enhanced edition of dead island

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I didn't like Dead Island at all, but really enjoyed Dying Light.

Kiith wrote: »
    I didn't like Dead Island at all, but really enjoyed Dying Light.

My biggest problem with dead island was the story, I couldn't remember why I was going where I was, who was who. Why there was
    two different survivors groups
    Also that ending was crap, I ended up watching it on youtube cause I found the game a bit repetitive

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone who voted. More votes than last year too (even when I removed the votes from the muppet who tried to vote with multiple fake names - I removed your legit votes too).

Best Last Gen Game (360/PS3 Download Only)
    Life is Strange

Best Last Gen Game (360/PS3 Retail)
    Lost Dimension

Best Xbox One Game (Retail)

Witcher 3

Best Xbox One Game (Download Only)
    Ori and the Blind Forest

Best PS4 Game (Retail)
    Witcher 3

Best PS4 Game (Download Only)

Rocket League

Best iOS Game
    The Room 3
    Her Story

Best PC Game (Download Only)
    Rocket League

Best Wii U Game (Retail)
    Super Mario Maker

Best Android Game
    Lara Croft Go

Best Vita Game (Download Only)
    Shovel Knight

Best Wii U Game (Download Only)
    Fast Racing Neo

Best PC Game (Retail or Download)
    Witcher 3

Best 3DS (Retail)
    Majoras Mask

Best 3DS Game (Download Only)
    Streets of Rage II

Fun: Hottest Male
    Geralt of Rivia - Witcher 3

Fun: WTF Were They Thinking
    Konami in General

Fun: Best Sound
    Star Wars Battlefront

Fun: Hottest Female
    Quiet - Metal Gear Solid V

Fun: Best Game Design
    Bloodborne

Fun: Best Boss Fight
    Quiet - Metal Gear Solid V

Fun: Best Character
    Geralt - The Witcher 3

Fun: Best Graphics
    The Witcher 3

Fun: Best Story
    The Witcher 3

Fun: Biggest Disappointment
    Metal Gear Solid V

Fun: Best Music
    The Witcher 3

Fun: Pleasant Surprise
    Rocket League

Fun: Best Art Design
    Bloodborne

Overall: Best Action/Adventure
    The Witcher 3

Overall: Best Racing
    Project Cars

Overall: Best Strategy/Puzzle
    Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void

Overall: Best DLC/Add On Content
    Witcher 3 - Hearts of Stone

Overall: Best RPG
    The Witcher 3

Overall: Best Sports
    Rocket League

Overall: Online Game of the Year
    Rocket League

Overall: Best Downloadable (non-Retail) Game
    Rocket League

Overall: Game of the Year 2015
    1st - The Witcher 3
    2nd - Bloodborne
    3rd - Fallout 4

I guess people really like Witcher 3?

Is best soundtrack missing?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I guess people really like Witcher 3?

Is best soundtrack missing?

Nope, Best Sound and Best Music were the categories.

Mr E wrote: »
    Nope, Best Sound and Best Music were the categories.

Sorry, I'm blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Mr E wrote: »
    Best 3DS Game (Download Only)
    Streets of Rage II

a certain mod won't be happy with that

So my thoughts on this.

Last gen game, I like Lost Dimension but think Atelier Shallie was the standout JRPG of this year. Life is Strange would have been a worthy winner of both categories as well.

Best PC game going to Rocket League, nope from me. Personally I'd give it to undertale but even at that PC games this year have been amazingly strong and there's much better contenders there.

WiiU game, again I think Mario Maker is great but the standout for me this year was Splatoon. One of the best multiplayer games in a very long time and a fantastic single player to boot.

The most surprising thing about best vita title is there was anything to nominate. I'd actually would have went for trails in the sky and brandish over anything on vita since they are two PSP titles.

Best 3DS retail and downloadable is disappointing as well until you realise it was a very poor year for that system. Personally I'd have gone with Etrian Odyssey untold 2 or mystery dungeon.

WTF were they thinking. Konami is a worthy winner.

Best sound is well deserved. For all of Battlefronts problems Dice show they have far and away the best sound engineers in the business.

Best boss battle is a massive nope from me. With Bloodborne released this year nothing else should be winning. I get the feeling that the amount of nominations there diluted it down. Also Splatoons final boss might just be even better than anything in Bloodborne.

Pleasant surprise for me was like Sophie's choice. Rocket League was a worthy winner but think Splatoon is a good shout, Nintendo with their first online shooter from their junior programmers absolutely knocked it out of the park and uncharacteristically their post launch support was fantastic. Before Dawn was another good shout. The developer had churned out nothing but crap beforehand and the writing was a bit crap. However it all just worked, even the poor writing perfectly complimented the b movie vibe to create something compelling and thoroughly entertaining.

Best character should have gone to any of the major characters of undertale and I'm kicking myself for not nominating any.

Best story as well I feel Undertale was robbed.

Im not fond of the biggest disappointment winner. The end game might of sucked but up to that point the game was an absolute joy to play. I feel Fallout 4 is a better candidate and I feel retrospectives of that game won't be too kind.

Best music again would definitely not be my pick. There was an embarassing amount of amazing soundtracks this year and are far better than Witchers serviceable cinematic score. Undertale, Atelier Shallie, Life is Strange, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Bloodborne would be my choices with Atelier Shallie my winner with the best soundtrack from Gust's sound team in a long time.

As for action adventure, Witcher 3 can feck off. You're good and all but you're an RPG. This should belong to Bloodborne (which for me wasn't a RPG).

Best DLC should have belonged to Bloodbornes old Hunters. Mario Karts DLC packs were also excellent.

Best RPG, I've no arguments. I'd have gone for Undertale but Witcher 3 is a choice I can't argue with and was more an RPG than any other game this year. Thank god Fallout 4 didn't win.

Online game wouldn't be my choice but again I can't argue with the winner. Splatoon for me is a far, far better game in concept. Rocket League on the other hand has 4 player split screen co-op online, something sadly not seen since Halo 3.

Best downloadable would have went to Undertale for me and I think there's far better choices as well. Would have liked to see life is strange maybe get a few more nods.

As for game of the year, personally it would be Undertale or Bloodborne but Witcher 3 is more than worthy to take the crown. At least it wasn't Fallout 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Delighted Life is Strange got some recognition, loved it despite flaws.
    Wondering could you post the top 4/5 of each category. Curious to see how PES 2016 & Tales from the Borderlands got on.
    Won't criticise any choices as I didn't vote & it defeats the purpose of a public vote :o

• Best Music to me is a Soundtrack

Hotline Miami 2 Had a stunning soundtrack as did the first game for instance.

Best Sound & best Soundtrack are two completely different things and I get the feeling some people mixed it.

Dying light won nothing!!!!!
    Looking over Ive only played Life is Strange and Lara Croft Go and star wars battlefront (as beta though)
    Either I don't play a lot of games or my favourite games are a lot different to everyone else's

Thanks for making the entire thing Mr. E

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Happy that Witcher 3 and Rocket League got a lot of accolades. W3 is probably the most enjoyable game in a few years for me. RL is the most enjoyable multiplayer ive played in years too. Im addicted to it.

Advertisement