Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to expect repair of broadband line

Options
  • 08-12-2015 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

Hi

Last Wednesday there were some Eir "engineers" working on our road. They replaced the main overhead cable on the poles. Unfortunately they disconnected my line which is broadband only. I phoned technical support Wednesday evening and the helpful man done some checks. He said the connection went down at about 2.30 on Wednesday. As it was eir' work that caused the problem he said he'd escalate it to hopefully get it sorted Thursday. He also said eir would phone me with an update. Nothing happened Thursday so I phoned eir again. The response was terrible and unhelpful from Daniel. It's now Tuesday and still no broadband. If it was a normal fault etc then fair enough it's a 3-5 working day response but it was Eirs fault. Any idea on when it will be fixed. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

medoc wrote: »
    Hi

Last Wednesday there were some Eir "engineers" working on our road. They replaced the main overhead cable on the poles. Unfortunately they disconnected my line which is broadband only. I phoned technical support Wednesday evening and the helpful man done some checks. He said the connection went down at about 2.30 on Wednesday. As it was eir' work that caused the problem he said he'd escalate it to hopefully get it sorted Thursday. He also said eir would phone me with an update. Nothing happened Thursday so I phoned eir again. The response was terrible and unhelpful from Daniel. It's now Tuesday and still no broadband. If it was a normal fault etc then fair enough it's a 3-5 working day response but it was Eirs fault. Any idea on when it will be fixed. 

Hi medoc, 

I'm very sorry to hear this, apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Feel free to PM me your details and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭medoc

Hi Tracey

Sent those earlier 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

medoc wrote: »
    Hi Tracey

Sent those earlier 
    Thanks, I'll come back to you through PM's shortly.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement