Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W10 crashed my Toshiba Portege Z830

Options
  • 08-12-2015 12:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

Was running W7, offered upgrade by MS everything went okay for almost 3 months, hindsight noticed a few 'black screen ' that required a forced shutdown and restart to resolve

Unit crashed 2 weeks ago blue screen circle of death, no way of rolling back or restoring, I guess I have to totally rebuild w drivers and MS Windows 7 Professional?

Any better suggestions or solutions?

Anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Not necessarily W10s fault here, I'd check the disk is good before blaming it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

ED E wrote: »
    Not necessarily W10s fault here, I'd check the disk is good before blaming it.

It's an ultra book it's solid state

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

my friend wrote: »
    It's an ultra book it's solid state

That doesn't automatically mean infallible though. Worth checking it out as lots of people are quick to blame issues on windows 10 when in a lot of cases it isn't the root of the problem. (It sometimes is though).

Best to cover all bases though rather than going back to windows 7 and having the same issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As above, SSDs fail too. One of my ultrabooks had its SSD fail recently. 8.1 BSOD'd about a dozen times over around 3 months before the disk completely dying one morning.

Unfortunately it can be really hard to tell an SSD is failing though, SMART is useless.

Advertisement