Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UCL Wolfsburg v Manchester United match thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Sure isn't it better to be in it and knocked out than not be in it at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

How the f**k did Young not get any playing time tonight whilst Lingard gets the full 90? Is there any rational reason for that? Not to mention the Mata/Powell substitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

United not qualifying from that group is an embarrassment. Easiest group in the CL. I never thought I'd say these words, but Dunphy was right. LVG is a spoofer. A team of complete duds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

No. 300 million pounds spent on that team by LVG. It's a complete embarrassment to go out of that group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

klose wrote: »
    Anyone else watch the european goals show on bt? Absolutely brilliant tonight, goals flying in everywhere.

Always a better watch when you have 0 interest in any of the games, much better than the BBC's FA cup version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Amazing how many people have abandoned their own team to support Wolfsburg, maybe they are Volkswagen drivers and the fumes are affecting them.

It's the taking part that counts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

RobertKK wrote: »
    Amazing how many people have abandoned their own team to support Wolfsburg, maybe they are Volkswagen drivers and the fumes are affecting them.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

I can assure that Volkswagen emission test results are among the best in the world in terms of clean energy etc. . .

Ask them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

What made it all the better was the brief glimmers of hope , only to be dashed moments later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's the taking part that counts!

It doesn't count but it's nice to at least take part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Jaysus lads you's are gas,United and Liverpool fans as bad as each other on this forum.

Keep it up tho +1.......

Can't even discuss the match in the match thread.

They put in a serious shift tonight. Fair play to them.
    Working overtime in fact, even with the fumes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

How the f**k did Young not get any playing time tonight whilst Lingard gets the full 90? Is there any rational reason for that? Not to mention the Mata/Powell substitution.

Young isn't a central midfielder, Powell is slightly more of a central midfielder. Mata was playing through the middle.

Is Young a superstar now actually? When did this happen?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

What made it all the better was the brief glimmers of hope , only to be dashed moments later.

Now we will be playing fellow losers in the Europa league.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

+1

Almost time to clock out buddy

Young isn't a central midfielder, Powell is slightly more of a central midfielder. Mata was playing through the middle.

Mata should have stayed on IMO

Thought his link up play with martial was good all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

baldbear wrote: »
    Add your reply here.

Utd aren't good enough for the Europa cup and maybe they should try their best to compete & win it as it might be their only way to qualify for the champs league next year. Stop talking crazy.

Talking crazy. Ok so what 3 teams will finish ahead of united in the league ? Also United are not good enough for the Europa but they qualified for the Champions League ? What kind of crazy talk is that ? :pac: that competition should be for teams who value it, the likes of Liverpool Crystal Palace etc.... Also I don't believe that teams who fail to get out of their CL group should be dumped in on top of other teams and be inconvenienced with Thursday Sunday football.

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    No. 300 million pounds spent on that team by LVG. It's a complete embarrassment to go out of that group.

One part of your statement is true, one part false.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Aye 'twas a great night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Augme

Two goals in one game for United? That's a great achievement by them to be fair.

Suck it up. Take it in. Smell that air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Aye, not quite on a par with your club legend helping piss away winning the league for the first time in more than 20 years but enjoyable Im sure none the less.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Taking mata off for powell is one of the oddest subs ive ever seen given the circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Hilarious watching United get knocked out. What made it even sweeter is that 3 times during the game they were put into 2nd and were pegged back two minutes later on each occasion. Just enough time for United fans to gain hope and have it robbed straight back off them. Brilliant stuff to watch. Can't say they will be missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

So you think Man Utd are a bunch of losers. Stop crying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

grandpa-simpson-gif.gif

Aye, not quite on a par with your club legend helping piss away winning the league for the first time in more than 20 years but enjoyable Im sure none the less.

Suck it up

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Taking mata off for powell is one of the oddest subs ive ever seen given the circumstances.

Dunno, he looked tired.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

the guy that hates one particular team more than he supports his "own" saying this.

Well, De Gea is amazing! but we already knew that :s dodgy as all hell at the back, dont think Ive seen united defend worse from set pieces in my life. Completely limp up front too which I just dont really understand.
    It really shows the premier league up with all these terrible performances in europe. Its not far off to say there is something fundamentally wrong with the football being played there atm

Suck it up. Take it in. Smell that air.

I will try, after that defeat you suffered at the weekend, it is nice to lift your spirits.

Dortmund are a good team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Suck it up

It still stings, doesnt it.

Everton beat them with Tony Hibbert in the team :pac:

Very bad performance from United.

Trust me, it's not only Liverpool fans pissing themselves with laughter at Uniteds dismal and hilarious exit. I particularly loved the bit where PSV equalised and you could hear the groans from the United end

• Advertisement

I will try, after that defeat you suffered at the weekend, it is nice to lift your spirits.

Dortmund are a good team.

Dortmund are good. Well spotted that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Did I say Young was a central midfielder? He's no superstar, but he's better than Lingard and Memphis.

It still stings, doesnt it.

I got cream for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Trust me, it's not only Liverpool fans pissing themselves with laughter at Uniteds dismal and hilarious exit. I particularly loved the bit where PSV equalised and you could hear the groans from the United end

You're just fantastic. Such a jealous post.

Dortmund are good. Well spotted that

Dortmund are light-years ahead of United anyway, as was clearly evident tonight. No shame in losing to Dortmund.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

I think it's time to seperate boards.ie into an adult and kid forum

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    You're just fantastic. Such a jealous post.

I am fantastic. Jealous of what?

Did I say Young was a central midfield? He's no superstar, but he's better than Lingard and Memphis.

Definitely agree here. Young should have definitely played. He's above Depay.

Jan Laco wrote: »
    I think it's time to seperate boards.ie into an adult and kid forum

So a Liverpool/united Forum and then ''everybody else '' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

What is this 'defence' thing you speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Better to be there, give it your all, have that chance and enjoy great European nights then the likes of Liverpool fans who know they didn't get there. Won't be there next season so will just have to get your kicks on United not qualifying. Liverpool will get 6th maybe. Bringing up the rear when it comes to class though, consistently :)

I am fantastic. Jealous of what?

That we have a better team than yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Strumms wrote: »
    Better to be there, give it your all, have that chance and enjoy great European nights then the likes of Liverpool fans who know they didn't get there. Won't be there next season so will just have to get your kicks on United not qualifying. Liverpool will get 6th maybe. Bringing up the rear when it comes to class though, consistently :)

Your tears are delicious lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Can't say they will be missed.
    This is the crux of it. Even if Utd had progressed tonight, I can't see what they would have added to the tournament that Wolfsburg wouldn't have, apart from some desperate defending. What do you expect when your manager says you can't even win the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Hilarious watching United get knocked out. What made it even sweeter is that 3 times during the game they were put into 2nd and were pegged back two minutes later on each occasion. Just enough time for United fans to gain hope and have it robbed straight back off them. Brilliant stuff to watch. Can't say they will be missed.
    Just point at the part of this stickman where Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United touched you:

\ | /
    ./ \

Then we can start the healing process.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement