Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Westwide Panel beating Galway

• 08-12-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All

Just want to left everybody know -

Beware of Westwide Panel beating, BALLYBANE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, galway.

Avoid John Lally for all reason. Had a worst experience ever in my life. Never thought people can be as bad as John lally. He lied at every step in my car repair. Charged me three times of what dealer would have charged and left my car without repairing.

Went to dealer and got repaired in 1 day.

John kept the car for 3 weeks and charged me a huge amount. The car broke down again in 2 days, had to take it to the dealer and got it repaired for a fraction of cost.

Stay well away from him.

Avoid this guy. He is only interested in money. Spoke to his neighbor garage and they say that he owes a lot of money to them too. No wonder.

This is my first post. But a negative one. But an honest one to warn all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's usually frowned upon to sign up to have a go at a company since we only get your version and the establishment cannot defend themselves.

I will entertain it for a while to get some more information - what was wrong with the car to begin with? What car/year/model is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

I had my crashed car repaired by Westwide a few years ago and would only have praise for them. Brilliant paint job, done on time and easily dealt with the insurance claim.

I guess everyone's experience differs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looking through old threads they have been recommended several times by established posters, hence I'm interested in what was wrong with car.
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=westwide

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mjms

What is wrong with car -
    Had a small accident. Car had a small dent and a little part of the gear box fell off causing trouble to gear box. Took it to Westwide panel beating for dent repair. John Lally kept the car for 3 weeks saying he will repair the gear box too.
    He charged me a very high amount (I mean very high. And he said if taken to a dealer would cost me thrice of that) insisted I pay cash and take the car. I trusted him, paid cash, took the car. Insisted to give a receipt, he asked me to collect after 2 days as he "forgot the receipt book at home" Really!!!
    Anyways, The gear box part fell off in 1 day and the car is taken bask to westwide.
    He kept it again for a week. By then I understood this is not going to happen and after a week towed it to the dealer.
    Went back to John Lally for a receipt. He lied again that he forgot the book. I sat there in his garage insisting for a receipt. Ahhh there it is the book. He found it!!! How... so he was lied o me all the way that he don't have the book. He gave me a receipt for 1/3rd the amount of what I paid.

The dealers repaired it in 1 day for 1/4th the cost of what he charged me.

Went back to John and asked that it is not fair and asked him to return at least half the amount.

After trying for 2 months he gave me a cheque. Lodged it and it bounced. I was charged 10 euros by the bank. Great!!

There are no words to mention the stress and the round trips to get hold of him. I spent a huge amount of taxis, fuel etc.

If you still wont trust me... its your choice. Thanks for your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I had a bad experience with a garage once. Never went back there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 RegularGuy2017

Anyone know Johns (Westwide) mobile number ? the old published landline number is out of service. I know he has consolidated the business now, was chatting to him last week but was caught for time. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Had a bad experience with them some years ago. I'm not a violent man by any means but it nearly came to blows to get my van out of there. They insisted on buying it instead of repairing as they wanted it for a run around.
    I went back a couple of times to get it out for it to be blocked in by numerous other vehicles.
    Got it back eventually but had to bring assistance to persuade them to get it out.

Advertisement