Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Perimeter Wireless Alarm?

Options
  • 08-12-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Can anyone give me advice on what make of wireless alarm to get? I have dogs and cats and was told that motion detectors (even pet friendly ones) can't be installed so I need advice on the best wireless alarm for the perimeter windows and doors (I've a full glass conservatory in the back)- one that also includes a speech/text dialler and app for remote viewing. Any thoughts on HKC Quantum and Visonic Power G? I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With any HKC panel you will have to pay for the apps & pay a subscription to use them.
    Our most popular would be the GSD i70. Its a good system and the apps and free to download & use.
    What type of dogs have you got?
    Most PiRs can be adjusted to allow for pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChickPea123

Can anyone give me advice on what make of wireless alarm to get? I have dogs and cats and was told that motion detectors (even pet friendly ones) can't be installed so I need advice on the best wireless alarm for the perimeter windows and doors (I've a full glass conservatory in the back)- one that also includes a speech/text dialler and app for remote viewing. Any thoughts on HKC Quantum and Visonic Power G? I'd really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Thanks for your reply Koolkid. One is a collie and the other a terrier plus a cat. I was told also that a PIR wouldn't work in the conservatory because of all the glass. Have you any thoughts on the Visonic Power G?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We do use some Visonic for certain installations.I'd recommend GSD over it.
    If you can wire for a PiR in the conservatory you would have much more control with a Duel Tec PiR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ChickPea123

KoolKid wrote: »
    We do use some Visonic for certain installations.I'd recommend GSD over it.
    If you can wire for a PiR in the conservatory you would have much more control with a Duel Tec PiR.

Thanks for that info. I'll check GSD out.

Advertisement