Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Release iPhone 6s Smart Battery Case

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Oh man - good warning. That thing is ugly as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

The iPhone 6 is big enough as it is :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

$99😂

Ugly as hell and hugely overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

When has a battery case ever looked anything other than ugly? :D

Ordered one. Will be here Thursday. My only concern is unlike the Mophie packs, there is no switch to stop it charging your phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Fugliest thing Apple has released in many a year... Johnny Ive must have been on holidays when this was approved!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Does the 6s have battery issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

FourFourFM wrote: »
    When has a battery case ever looked anything other than ugly? :D

Ordered one. Will be here Thursday. My only concern is unlike the Mophie packs, there is no switch to stop it charging your phone.

It's still not a good design and they could have done better.I'm amazed that you have ordered one so quickly without full information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's still not a good design and they could have done better.I'm amazed that you have ordered one so quickly without full information.

How much more information do you need? Apple had it on their site they usually provide enough information for people to make their minds up on a purchase.

Sure, the case looks ugly. Jony and Apple have explained the reasoning behind it and that's fair enough. They made trade offs they assumed to be needed.

At the end of the day it's a battery case, they're as ugly as any other case battery case or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

symbolic wrote: »

Personally I think the battery in 6s is the best I've ever had in an iPhone. But like every iPhone generation that's gone before people will no doubt moan about a poor battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

symbolic wrote: »

Mine doesnt at all. In fact it seems to last a lot longer than any of my other iphones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The Verge suggests patent issues may be behind the awkward design.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/8/9872238/is-apples-smart-battery-case-mophie-patents

I don’t think Apple care too much. It’s like the iPad keyboard add-on. They don’t think the device should be used that way, but there’s obviously a market for these things so they might as well cash-in on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

I can't imagine Steve Jobs would have let that thing out the door. Shocking looking & the fact it's required is the root cause of the problem...

The integration with OS & electronics hardware on iPhone is quite good sounding though

Edit: Read Sad Professor's article RE designing around patents from Morphie - sounds feasible.

Still a backsard looking thing nevertheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Not a fan. I'm impressed with the 6s battery life so won't be investing

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Dardania wrote: »
    I can't imagine Steve Jobs would have let that thing out the door.

13 posts into a new product thread before the obligatory 'Steve Jobs..........' line. That has to be a record :pac:
    Dardania wrote: »
    Shocking looking & the fact it's required is the root cause of the problem.

Yup, it is ugly, no it's not required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Surprising that it's only listed as a 6S case, considering there is literally no difference physically from the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Surprising that it's only listed as a 6S case, considering there is literally no difference physically from the 6.

The 6s is very slightly thicker than the 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

It's ridiculous looking can't believe they released it. I thought it was a joke when I saw it first

murpho999 wrote: »

Full information? What more information do you need. Written reviews from tech sites came out the same day as it went on sale - TheVerge.com, Engadget etc.

Also, I can use the device up until January 19th and return it if I don't like it.

Win win situation.

It's for iPhone 6s & 6. Compatible with both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

All the reviews seem favourable.

Easy to put on and take off.
    Charged the same time as the phone.
    Charge indicator on the screen.
    Good feel in the hand.
    Lays flat on the table.

Sure it looks goofy. But no more than any other battery case. It serves a purpose, and it does it well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement