Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 5s questions

• 08-12-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking to buy an iphone 5s as a Christmas present.

Option 1:
    Sim free @ €519 from apple site

Option 2:
    Sim locked from three.ie (pre pay upgrade)

Question 1:
    Sim locked is the cheaper option from three.ie. If I was to buy it from three .ie, can I get it unlocked from a website or some store (non jail break)?
    I would like to put a tesco mobile sim card into it.

Question 2:
    Does anyone know the best price for a sim free iphone 5S (non refurbished) from the good website or bricks/mortar store?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

You will probably have to pay three to unlock it because as far as I know no one but three can unlock them, there's plenty of unlocks available for other networks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kcsembos

spannerism wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm looking to buy an iphone 5s as a Christmas present.

Option 1:
    Sim free @ €519 from apple site

Option 2:
    Sim locked from three.ie (pre pay upgrade)

Question 1:
    Sim locked is the cheaper option from three.ie. If I was to buy it from three .ie, can I get it unlocked from a website or some store (non jail break)?
    I would like to put a tesco mobile sim card into it.

Question 2:
    Does anyone know the best price for a sim free iphone 5S (non refurbished) from the good website or bricks/mortar store?

Your best bet is to get it unlocked. The only good option of purchasing an online unlock for iPhones does only Vodafone and Meteor for Ireland, and it's a bit dire.

I currently have no clue as to where exactly you can find it the cheapest, but I suggest you look around in stores like PcWorld, Argos, Carphone Warehouse etc. And have a look on adverts and DoneDeal. You might be able to get a new 5S (slim chance, but possible) and pay less for it.
    As a 5S owner, I suggest that you go for a new one, factory unlocked, but look at all the options available.
    One more tip: if you plan on putting many apps and songs, as well as many photos and videos, try to go for a 32GB version.

Advertisement