Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Investigates Sting

• 08-12-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭

was it entrapment

RTÉ Investigates: Standards in Public Office

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/rte-investigates-30003696/10502187/

I would only be comfortable with these kind of stings if media org had good reason to believe politicain had done similar already, which afaik was the basis of the UK programs of this nature reagarding former ministers, current MPs, using their influence, the programs detailed how they used the influence in specific cases, and then replicated the scenario,this programme didnt' seem to do that.#

this interview has more who and how they chose to target
    http://www.newstalk.com/reader/47.301/60750/0/#.VmXUYWQxUZo.twitter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I always think such meetings are entrapment.

I don't believe that the politician involved new and that he played along, if this is the case why has he an issue with RTÉ playing the footage. What was his reply to RTÉ? If a politician new he was being recorded and decided to play along he'd have told every f-er in the county be-gab and he'd have told RTÉ long ago. Not much of a joke when your the only person in on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Having listen to the interview I'd like to see the emails between RTÉ and the councillor, however he sounds to litigious not to get an injunction. His final part about RTÉ using his voice to advertise there show without his permission, suppose he'd like payment for that alone. And when and why did RTÉ try this before on him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Elmo wrote: »
    Having listen to the interview I'd like to see the emails between RTÉ and the councillor, however he sounds to litigious not to get an injunction. His final part about RTÉ using his voice to advertise there show without his permission, suppose he'd like payment for that alone. And when and why did RTÉ try this before on him?

yes he was trying to say she had made a call while she was driving and this wa her breaking the law! grasing at straws

while Councillor Joe Queenan says he was led into suggesting of a method of payment for advice after telling her he couldn't get officials to do anything, he was interviewed on Ocean FM http://oceanfm.ie/queenan-says-rte-investigation-misrepresented-him/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Elmo wrote: »
    I always think such meetings are entrapment.

I don't believe that the politician involved new and that he played along, if this is the case why has he an issue with RTÉ playing the footage. What was his reply to RTÉ? If a politician new he was being recorded and decided to play along he'd have told every f-er in the county be-gab and he'd have told RTÉ long ago. Not much of a joke when your the only person in on it.
    but it does seem like he's playing up things but that's him i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

There was me thinking they'd found something out about the former lead singer of the Police/practitioner of tantric shenanigans

• Advertisement
Advertisement