Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risco Lightsys 2

Options
  • 08-12-2015 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Guys,

I am interested in self installing the Risco Lightsys 2. I have a standard 3 bed semi-detatched hard wired on windows, doors and PIR's. I was informed that this system does not recognise shock/inertia sensors and that I would need to install piezo sensors and an analyser in the control panel.

Can anyone shed some information on this? Also if anyone has info on some suppliers of Risco that would be great! I am based Limerick

Thanks,

Brian

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

At the moment that is the case.
    A good alternative would be the Siemens SPC4320

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hardgas

Thanks KoolKid,

I am also considering Siemens, just waiting on a cost.

A lot of guys I have spoke with seem to want to supply and install hkc, I can't justify paying the monthly charge!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hardgas wrote: »

A lot of guys I have spoke with seem to want to supply and install hkc, I can't justify paying the monthly charge!

You are right.
    I have said it over & over. I can't understand lads who turn down work because you won't install what they want.If their knowledge is limited to one system you are better off taking your business elsewhere.
    You are right on the monthly payment also. No justification for it when much bigger manufacturers are supplying the same or better services for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

The bigger picture is that the HKC app is duel path so if your phone has no 3/4 G data connection because you are in a bad area or your home has a power failure or you are on holiday and have the data turned off on your phone the app is completely useless . So paying for a service that gives you the text alert and text command so you can still control your alarm when your app won't is a no brainer . Also if some people in the house don't have a smart phone then they can still get text alerts is very important to. And if I'm not mistaken the Free Risco app stopped working for 3 weeks last year so Its hard to complain about it if you are not paying for it. It's not a big amount of money compared to a monitored system .

Like I said some people are only interested in selling you one system that they want to install.
    Without getting into everything here I'd advise looking at this thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057394782
    There are plenty of ways of getting multipath communications without having to sign up to subscriptions.
    Pay particular attention to the polling times of 5 minutes down to 20 seconds offered by the free services compared to HKCs 8 hours or 90 minutes on a paid service.
    Smash & grab alerts are another great feature offered by GSD & Siemens/Vanderbilt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Yes I had read that before but poll times on a self monitored system ?? Not really relevant so why bring it up? . The fact that you don't have to manage the sim card or top it up is worth paying for . HKC is a top product but SOME INSTALLERS !! for what ever reason or agenda won't use it . I have looked at each panel and compared like with like and have found that HKC are one of the best.

Amazing how something is irrelevant when the system you want to install doesn't have it..
    If polling is irrelevant why do HKC sell it as a Premium Service at a higher price??
    I don't refuse to install HKC. I install whatever the customer requires or wants.
    All you have to do is read back over the forum here to see posters asking for installers for SPC because the installers they asked don't want to install it. Instead they want to try sell people subscription charges they don't want.
    Maybe some installers just aren't experienced enough on multiple systems or maybe some are more concerned with selling a service that gives commission.
    If a user is happy to pay annual or monthly subscriptions I'd recommend putting it towards a full monitoring service.
    If you think €60 a year is worth it so you don't have to top up a sim go for it. I've €20 on mine for well over a year now. If I topped up with €60 a year that would be a lot of credit going to waste.

Advertisement