Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beyond the Grape Finglas

Options
  • 08-12-2015 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Does anyone know what happened to this place? Hasn't been open long but FB page seems to be gone and phone number just rings out. Doesn't seem like it lasted very long if it's shut already

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jimfinoc

I went up there on Saturday to collect a brew that I paid €158 for, and the sign on the shop said "Closed due to illness".
    I have been trying to contact Luc Heymans the owner, as far as I know, for the past 2 weeks, but cannot get a reply. He also has a FB page on which I read that he lost his father recently to suicide.
    A hard thing to get over, but life goes on.
    Anyone else know whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

I heard from a reliable source it has shut down permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

oh do you know why? I was looking on facebook and could not find anything. You sure its closed down?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

He has owed me money back for a batch that "went bad" for months and months now. I have heard from neighboring businesses in Trim (original BtG) that I was not the first to be screwed by him and it seems I am not the last.

If he's packed up and gone back to Belgium what recourse does anyone have now?

He screwed me as well.
    So he did it with others too ? Very interesting.
    But he had his first shop in Kells not in Trim and then got too cocky I guess.
    Does anybody know why he closed down? AS I did hear some storys about revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Siipina wrote: »
    Does anybody know why he closed down? AS I did hear some storys about revenue.
    Probably best not to speculate here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 busterp

No need for speculation, he claims it was due to health issues but I'm not buying it

Health issues don't last. All he had to do was contact people, and or reply to emails etc.

He sold the shop as he has a shoulder injury. I think it is a bit weird to sell your business because of something like that and so quick after the opening in the new place. All a bit weird.
    But he if he still owes money you could get it back from him?

If you paid by visa, you might be able to get a refund.
    I got one as I did no get the wine he was fermenting for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement