Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T3 E-Tac3

Options
  • 08-12-2015 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Finally I have started putting together my new T3. A 25-06 stainless doner action was found and re-barrelled with a 3 groove Lilja 1/13 308 F/TR barrel shortened to 22". I duracoated the barrelled action and cured it for one week in our oven. Then full length bedded with an aftermarket steel recoil lug into the new E-Tac3. After almost 3 years of development and cnc work we have started production of this stock. My son peter made me an extremely light stock which is about 150grams lighter than the production version just to see if there are any week points. My stock weighs 790 grams as in the picture including bedding and lug. I believe this complete carbon fibre stock is the most advanced stock available at this time. In comparison to the older E-Tac the E-Tac3 is narrower and shallower in the forend and generally slightly less volume. 100% ambidextrous and left/right inlet.
    A new test scope, the S&B 3-20x50 Ultra short is on it's way. At the moment the rifle without scope/bipod weighs just under 3.5kg 7.6lbs
    I can't wait to test this rifle out to maybe 800yds as well as use it for deer.

E-Tac3_zpsdtyxxlry.jpg

DSCN2518_zpsfr68ckmh.jpg

DSCN2514_zpsqs159op5.jpg

DSCN2519_zps16sjyjsn.jpg

DSCN2534_zpsouylyzwd.jpg

DSCN2541_zpsqsax5hel.jpg

edi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Stunning edi, I just love this type of rifle. Keep us updated on how it shoots

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

looks absolutely class edi cant w8 to see one in person

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

philmire wrote: »
    looks absolutely class edi cant w8 to see one in person

Phil,
    we'll try meet some time soon.
    also a big thank you to you for your part in this project!

edi

ps, thanks Vegeta

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I have a narrow fore-end E-TAC myself and love it. Fantastic product and delivered quickly. Couldn't recommend it enough.

While I have you, is there a certain brand of sling swivels you'd recommend for the flush cups?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

Best of look Edi, it looks savage! A lot o people have been waiting for the Etac to become available for the T3, best of luck with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the new S&B Ultra Short will perform, I had an itch to get one before I choose the Ior.

• Advertisement

Vegeta, thanks.
    the E-Tac & E-Tac3 have a 35mm barrel channel and 54mm forend width is about as narrow as one can go if one wants to fit flush cups in the side.
    We use Grovtec products from the US. I might still have two flush cup button swivel attachments in the workshop. Uncle mike products used to use Grovtec but since a few years have bought cheap stuff from China, I would avoid them. Grovtec also have mil spec bits that are very sturdy.

Thanks Pat,
    the ultra short pm2 is roughly 20% lighter than the 5-25 and I think suits a 800m capable light tactical rifle. We will also exhibit at the IWA this year all going well. I really like the short dot S&B range and looking forward to trying it.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭1jay1

Hi Edi - how much for the stock as it sits? I have a Tikka Varmint crying out for a makeover...

1jay1 wrote: »
    Hi Edi - how much for the stock as it sits? I have a Tikka Varmint crying out for a makeover...

pm sent
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

That's a lovely stock.
    Just wondering are they actually for sale yet or what's the story I'd love to have a chat with you one day regarding a stock for my own t3.

One shot, a very late pm sent. sorry.
    edi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

No problem st all. Thsnksi be in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Lovely work, schöne weihnachten. :)

juice1304 wrote: »
    Lovely work, schöne weihnachten. :)

Merry Christmas,
    how is the work going over there? If you ever need a crash course in composites or bedding materials feel free to drop in to us, we have a lovely new workshop now.
    edi

Advertisement