Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Eir efire and a phoneline with Vodafone - Thinking of cancelling phone. Impact o

Options
  • 08-12-2015 4:25pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

So as topic title says, I have my broadband connection with Eir, and have efibre on the monthly bill. We have our landline phone with Vodafone.

Basically, since we barely use the house phone, opting instead for mobile most of the time, we're thinking of cancelling the phone bill with Vodafone. But I wanted to check, does this have an impact on our boardband contract with Eir? I've read round online and got a few different answers, but felt its as easy to ask here.

Does my current broadband only package with Eir require the Vodafone phone bills to stay active? Can I cancel it and keep my broadband service exactly as it is, uninterupted? Or would I be required to pay a line rental fee in its place? Typically, if so, how much would line rental fees be?

Someone mentioned elsewhere that I could simply contact Eir, ask them to take control of the line rental, and that this could actually disable the Vodafone end of things? Is that true?

We're still deciding exactly what we want to do, so there's no rush to get it done, but I'm trying to educated myself, best I can, on what impact cutting ties with Vodafone would have on my efibre deal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey,

So as topic title says, I have my broadband connection with Eir, and have efibre on the monthly bill. We have our landline phone with Vodafone.

Basically, since we barely use the house phone, opting instead for mobile most of the time, we're thinking of cancelling the phone bill with Vodafone. But I wanted to check, does this have an impact on our boardband contract with Eir? I've read round online and got a few different answers, but felt its as easy to ask here.

Does my current broadband only package with Eir require the Vodafone phone bills to stay active? Can I cancel it and keep my broadband service exactly as it is, uninterupted? Or would I be required to pay a line rental fee in its place? Typically, if so, how much would line rental fees be?

Someone mentioned elsewhere that I could simply contact Eir, ask them to take control of the line rental, and that this could actually disable the Vodafone end of things? Is that true?

We're still deciding exactly what we want to do, so there's no rush to get it done, but I'm trying to educated myself, best I can, on what impact cutting ties with Vodafone would have on my efibre deal?

Hi Lord TSC, 

To have an operational eFibre or broadband service you are required to have an active phoneline so if you cease this down with the other company your internet service would not work I'm afraid. 

If you wish to have all services with the same provider you would need to either bring the line over to eir or transfer the internet to the other company. 

Our sales team on 1800 503 303 will be happy to help you with this. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Advertisement