Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N26 Cloongullane bridge realignment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Is this the bridge on the Foxford side with the handball alley beside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

finisklin wrote: »
    Is this the bridge on the Foxford side with the handball alley beside it?

No, the one just outside Swinford on the Foxford road.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 newtown13

Plans are online (cannot post the link as im new to this game!)

This bridge also cuts out a number of the worst bends on that stretch of road.
    Anyone know at what stage of the planning process are the bypasses of Foxford/Swinford and other stretches that need alignment?

'Project is currently at tender stage and expected to be awarding the main contract in the coming weeks'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

mayo.mick wrote: »
    No, the one just outside Swinford on the Foxford road.

Same bridge

Just noticed that reply was from 2015!!!

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    Same bridge

Just noticed that reply was from 2015!!!

:o
    Just spotted that myself, I must have taken up the comment wrong at the time!

Yes, its the bridge on the Foxford side of Swinford. Its a complete new bridge, full span of the river moy.

:o
    Just spotted that myself, I must have taken up the comment wrong at the time!

Yes, its the bridge on the Foxford side of Swinford. Its a complete new bridge, full span of the river moy.

They are in the middle of tearing up the road both sides of the bridge at the moment. Not sure why it wasnt kept until the bridge work was done

Strange that they are doing this now

statto25 wrote: »
    They are in the middle of tearing up the road both sides of the bridge at the moment. Not sure why it wasnt kept until the bridge work was done

I saw something about that alright. Complete resurface, and I think its being done all the way into the square in the centre of Swinford. Must have a few bags of money to get rid of!

I saw something about that alright. Complete resurface, and I think its being done all the way into the square in the centre of Swinford. Must have a few bags of money to get rid of!

FFS! Thats me going cross country from Bohola to Foxford until that work is done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

TII has given the council the go-ahead to award the contract. Contracts to be signed within the next month.

Passed through the roadworks today. Making good progress on the Foxford side of the new bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

showing the first beam being lifted

Advertisement