Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 08-12-2015 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

I think An Posts latest "Santa Post" service is nothing more than another scheme to get more revenue.
    Their christmas card business is failing due to their exorbitant prices, and
    their latest effort to charge children €.70 to post a letter to Santa is nothing more than a rip off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A business trying to make a profit out of Christmas?! Well, I never.

Actually, the child receives a reply from Santa. So for 70c, that's a pretty good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

A) I don't think it's a new service.

B) Do you think they should take your (kid's) letter to Santa, produce a reply, and deliver that to your house for nothing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well its a ripoff if you choose to pay it but the child also gets a reply from Santa so in fairness 70 cent isnt bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

fernrock wrote: »
    I think An Posts latest "Santa Post" service is nothing more than another scheme to get more revenue.
    their latest effort to charge children €.70 to post a letter to Santa is nothing more than a rip off.

Looks like someone didn't get a reply from their letter to Santa!!! ;)

Ah come on it's only .70c - a bit of fun for the kids!!

It's cheaper than a bar of chocolate!!!

This reeks of a personal gripe, more than a consumer issue.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Royal Mail in the UK offer a similar service which also requires a stamp. The cost of a 2nd class stamp in the UK is 54p, which equates to 74c, so what An Post are doing is comparable to our nearest neighbour. Are they ripping off people too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

fernrock wrote: »

Firstly, this is not the first year for this. Secondly, the stamp isn't to cover posting a card to Santa - you can drop an unstamped letter in any post box. For your 70 cent the child gets a reply from Santa delivered to your home. For a mere 70 cent you get letter out and a reply back; great value!
    The scheme costs An Post.

I see no evidence of a drop off in card deliveries around here. All the usual cards are arriving and being sent.

Baah humbug,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    A) I don't think it's a new service.

I can remember I was four and my mam calling me to the door cos the postman had something for me, was one of these letters. That was 28 years ago, I was bouncing off the walls with happiness and excitement.

70c to give a kid that feeling is f*ck all

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Santa does his best to reply to all letters even letters without a stamp. But by buying a stamp it helps keep the cost of sending a reply to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

No Consumer Issue here (unless you want me to move it to Rip-Off Ireland). Thread closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement