Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boat mast broken

• 08-12-2015 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

hello all .

well storm desmond has broken my boat mast from the base of the mast so i am going to have to repair it . fergal here are the photo,s you asked for i was talking to you on FB . do you have any suggestions on repairing it ..?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

When you said to me that your mast broke I was thinking of a yachts mast :) That looks like an easy fix just make a template of the bits you have and make a new base, it's hard to tell from the photo but it might be made of oak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭snowwolf

yeah it looks like an easy fix . i just have to get the base wood and sort it out . not as bad as i thought it was going to be i thought it was snapped in half and not from the base part . when i went up to the boat the aerial is also broken and the boat is flooded with water the weather was terrible so i could,nt do anything i will just have to wait till the weather get better to sort it out . F**K storm desmond anyway ...

well i just got a scaffolding plank so i will be doing the base for it tomorrow or the next day will put up photo,s of the finished build ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

snow wolf
    You would be better off with a bit of hardwood
    If you are not in much of a hurry try a few joinery shops for some cut offs most likely you will get for next to nothing
    You can also try some second hand shops there are some bits of hardwood furniture there that can be used

no i am in no hurry .

• Advertisement

job done ... now just to stain and varnish ..

And the finished product . very happy with the outcome :)

Advertisement