Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrew Bird - Vicar St, Saturday April 30th 2016

Options
  • 08-12-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else a fan of Andrew Bird ? Personally I'm a huge fan of his, a greatly talented musician and songwriter. He rarely plays over here, last time I think was opening one of the stages at Forbidden fruit 3 or so years ago and the sound was terrible. This should be epic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

super news, I've been waiting years for him to play here,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Strumms wrote: »
    Anyone else a fan of Andrew Bird ? Personally I'm a huge fan of his, a greatly talented musician and songwriter. He rarely plays over here, last time I think was opening one of the stages at Forbidden fruit 3 or so years ago and the sound was terrible. This should be epic.

totally agree - was at the FF gig and really was a bit lost as I think he is more suited to indoors - cant wait to see him in Vicar st - seated ticket secured and all !!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Flattery

Did anyone go along to this last night? Any thoughts? I can't imagine how I could have enjoyed it more; maybe the best gig I've been to in the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yep I went and thought it was fantastic... best gig ive been to also in an age. Couldnt fault it. Personally id have loved to hear a little more off Break It Yourself as its a favourite of mine but really didnt detract from what was a pretty amazing show. Sound was as spot on and as clear as ive heard at a live gig and that is some band he has with him.. super talented guy i really hope we dont have to wait this long again to see him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Had tickets but couldn't go so gave them to my brother for free.

He texted me last night after it finished saying the gig was so fantastic that he didn't feel right not paying me for the tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Excellent Gig - he is soooo talented ! Makes playing the violin so easy - depressing !! Delighted he sang Giant of Illinos ... love that song . Great seeing him indoors as I said above saw him in Forbidden fruit and was lost in big stage but Vicar st was perfect venue !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

trying to convince the girlfriend in fact to jump on a flight and catch him on one of his remaining tour dates... it was such a brilliant night and god knows hen he will be back, he doesn't often play these parts...

Advertisement