Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards 5 Star Match Award (Best Thread)

• 08-12-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

We're in main event territory as we look to bestow the 5 Star Match Award on the winner for Best Thread. There have been some doozies this past year with fantastic organisation and participation right across the board. Click the links to jump into any of the threads.

The nominees for the 5 Star Match Award are:

Around The Horn 2015 by beakerjoe - A King of the Ring Style Knockout Tournament featuring the best minds on the forum. Widely considered to be the best edition to date.

Boards Fantasy League Tournament by Mr. Nice Guy - In the same vein as fantasy football, each poster had to pick his/her own squad and watch them do battle.

Off Topic Thread by Bounty Hunter - A very lighthearted thread that featured anything from video games to diary entries of posters

NXT Thread 2015 by Mr Mac - The hottest show on the WWE Network had a great following here this year.

PW Draft by Lord TSC - The always popular draft features elements of fantasy booking and e-feds.

Random Wrasslin' Thoughts by gimmick - A little bit of this and a little bit of that. You thought Barry Horowitz was underrated? Tell us all here.

Wrestling News & Rumours 2015 by Agent Coulson - The definitive place on PW Boards for all your breaking stories, rumours and spoilers.

WrestleMania 31 Live Thread by gimmick
    - The biggest show of the year gets the biggest live thread of the year. Great fun and participation here

Which thread should be crowned Thread of the Year 21 votes

Around The Horn 2015
    0% 0 votes
    Boards Fantasy League Tournament
    23% 5 votes
    Off Topic Thread
    4% 1 vote
    NXT Thread 2015
    9% 2 votes
    PW Draft
    0% 0 votes
    Random Wrasslin' Thoughts
    19% 4 votes
    Wrestling News & Rumours
    33% 7 votes
    WrestleMania 31 Live!
    9% 2 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This is one where I would like to be able to vote multiple times.

The draft is aways the best for me but.... MNG and his fantasy league has made the fed so much better and Beakerjoe who took ATH off my hands last year has once again ran a great tournie this year.

Those are def my top three although the others OTT or News etc are the things that keep the forum ticking over in many ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Draft for me.... it always fills me with joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just one more day left to vote for the Thread of the Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

ATH for me we should definitley do it more than once a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ATH for me we should definitley do it more than once a year

I personally think ATH is great, but once a year is perfect for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

surprised by how the voting for this is going tbh, and yeah the draft & ATH are great but more than once a year and they might stop being so special even if I'd still take part in every incarnation of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've just gotten off the phone with Meltzer himself and he's informed me that the winner of the 5 Star Match Award goes to

Random Wrasslin' Thoughts by gimmick

Congrats good sir, it's a definite favorite of many!

Advertisement