Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV shows worth rewatching & opinions on them now

• 08-12-2015 5:48pm

I'm making my way through Lost for the first time since it ended from the very beginning and I'm intending to stop somewhere after Season 3 or 4, because it went downhill in quality after.

Currently on the second season and I'm glad I left it so long, because I have forgotten a lot of the small things. Michael Emerson's Ben Linus as Henry Gale is such a fantastic character. He's so menacing and creepy. For me, the first 2/3 seasons are still up there with the best TV that has been on in decades. Likeable characters, enough intrigue before they went down the time traveling nuclear bomb exploding nonsense.

What do you guys think about Lost?

Do you think rewatching a TV show can change your opinion on it? What are you currently making your way through for a second/third/fourth/Nth time?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I've never researched a series but if I had to I'd watch Mad Men again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I'm making my way through Lost for the first time since it ended from the very beginning and I'm intending to stop somewhere after Season 3 or 4, because it went downhill in quality after.

Currently on the second season and I'm glad I left it so long, because I have forgotten a lot of the small things. Michael Emerson's Ben Linus as Henry Gale is such a fantastic character. He's so menacing and creepy. For me, the first 2/3 seasons are still up there with the best TV that has been on in decades. Likeable characters, enough intrigue before they went down the time traveling nuclear bomb exploding nonsense.

What do you guys think about Lost?

Do you think rewatching a TV show can change your opinion on it? What are you currently making your way through for a second/third/fourth/Nth time?

Re-watched all of Cheers about 4 times, love it more now because of the nostalgia factor, Star Trek TOS first and second season about 10 times still love it, Twin Peaks on 4th rewatch, still loving it and Peep Show two or three times still cracks me up. Also the rebooted BSG, just as brilliant second time around. Just started on all of Mad Men again, brilliant to go back to the beginnings of it. Would rewatch 70s comedy Taxi if I could find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Im going to watch rescue me again

If i watched lost again , id probably be even more confused

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jonti

The Thick of it. Brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I recently rewatched The X Files. Absolutely brilliant show, although the quality does dip in later seasons, especially the last one which is barely watchable. Seasons 1 and 2 were great but seasons 3,4,5 was when the show was at its prime.

When you compare the type of TV being made today with the TV made in the 90s, you see that The X Files was massively ahead of its time.

I had also forgotten how funny Mulder could be at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

The Wire. It gets better every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

i occasionally watch Columbo on a Sunday afternoon and I've always wanted to start the west wing from the start - i used to have season 1 box-set on dvd but i gave it to somebody and it was never given back,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

dball wrote: »
    i occasionally watch Columbo on a Sunday afternoon and I've always wanted to start the west wing from the start - i used to have season 1 box-set on dvd but i gave it to somebody and it was never given back,

Its all on US Netflix as is Columbo, Rockford Files and a load old of other 70s shows many in HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Have rewatched the full Sharpe series good watch just wish it got broadcasted in HD.

Keep meaning to give BSG a re watch in order but keep cherry picking Epson.

Would love to have time to rewatch Stargate but not enough crap new shows this year ☺

Advertisement