Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

double charges?

Options
  • 08-12-2015 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hello, is there an issue with double charges this week? i have 2 double charges, 1 from Amazon and another from Spar on my Visa debit. IE charged for fuel twice on statement.

Thanks

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon keno-daytrader

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

What you are describing here could be a case of shadow posting, this where two transactions show up your account despite only one amount been deducted from your account. Shadow Posting occurs when a payment is cancelled or voided at a POS (this can be online, in a shop or over the phone) after we have authorised the sale and the retailer requests that you enter your PIN a second time. It can take up to five working days to correct on the system and this may be why you are seeing duplicate transactions.

Another reason you may see this is when you are logging into 365 Online late in the evening. It can appear that transactions are duplicated but this would be down to bookkeeping. Transactions can disappear, duplicate and appear out of order while this is running, please rest assured your balance will always be correct if this is the case. 

I hope this answers your query fully and please don't hesitate to contact us again here on Boards.ie

Thanks, 

Evie

Advertisement