Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sutton (Howth if you're posh) Fat Turkey Run 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I'd imagine the DART would be running the 28th, get it to Sutton and Suttonians and registration is only 30secs walk. The start is further quarter of a mile up the Greenfield Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DD Mikasa

Yeah DART should get u there no problem.

This is a cracking race. Done it the last 3 years. It isn't a PB course as first half is almost all uphill, but at least you'll fly back down.

Will keep you honest over xmas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

This is a great event. Its very hard as it has raise from ~18feet to 449feet in first half of race but superfast downhill. Well organized and nice tea/coffee and cakes, buns and sandwiches after. A good event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Thanks everyone,

will give it a shot.

Ack, the registration links appears to be busted.

Anyone succeed from the registration link on this page? http://www.active.com/dublin-13-dublin13/running/distance-running-races/fat-turkey-10km-2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

uvox wrote: »
    Ack, the registration links appears to be busted.

Anyone succeed from the registration link on this page? http://www.active.com/dublin-13-dublin13/running/distance-running-races/fat-turkey-10km-2015

I'm already registered but that link looks ok now.

yup. i am in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Going to give it a go also.

To use a football analogy, its a game of 2 half's.

3 miles up hill, 3 miles down hill...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Just signed up, a good way to finish off the year. Can't wait for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

Hi Guys

Just seeing this thread now. The link for registration should be working fine. A few people are having difficulty but i am not sure if they are looking at the 2014 reg page on Run Ireland.

Anyway, all is well, the event is in full swing. T-Shirts have arrived and the kettle is already boiling!

We will write out to all who have registered one week prior to the event with the race briefing but everything you need for the race can be collected on the morning

For further info check our www.fatturkeyrun.com

Any questions, just post up here or else email me on fatturkeryrun@gmail.com

Can believe its the 6th year.

See you all on the 28th and have a safe and happy Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭potsy11

Getting quite a few people who are going to the old reg page on run Ireland and the event looks like it is sold out.

Well, its not.

Registration through http://www.active.com/dublin-13-dublin13/running/distance-running-races/fat-turkey-10km-2015

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've signed up for this in a fit of madness.

Wish me luck.

I'll be the one sprawled on the ground half way up the hill or struggling along cursing my slow moving legs.😹😹

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

Hi I was trying to register today but I see online registration is closed.
    Will it be possible to register on the day tomorrow?

Suttonians rugby club page says there will be on the day registration but the event page says there won't..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 runner44

Tried to register today but it says it is closed. Suttonians says you can register on the day for €30.Can somebody confirm you can register on the day! Have done it for the last few years so hopefully can do it this year.

This was from this mornings email.

Dear Participant

Thank you for entering the 6th Fat Turkey 10km. Please review our race briefing pdf with all the details that you need for Monday 28th December.

Please attend the registration in Suttonians RFC to collect your race number (which contains your disposable timing chip) and your Fat Turkey Tee Shirt. Registration will be open between 10.00 and 11.30 (closing at 11.30 sharp).

Race briefing in the club is at 11.35 and race start will commence at 12.00 outside St Fintans Church / Santa Sabina school.
    Online registration is closed. There is entry on the day at a cost of €30. If you have friends who wish to enter please tell them to arrive early to register.

Your support for this event is very much appreciated and all funds go towards developing Rugby in Suttonians RFC and to the IRFU Charitable Trust.

See you all on Monday morning and we hope that Santa is good to you all.

So as it says you can register in the morning.

According to the website (http://fatturkeyrun.com/) and emails received today, you'll be fine registering on the day. The numbers are to be handed out by 11:30 AM sharp, so plan on being there accordingly (open from 10:00 Am onwards).

(from email: "Registration will be open between 10.00 and 11.30 (closing at 11.30 sharp)."

Well that was a good laugh/cry this afternoon. Who put them hills back in on the way down though. Thanks to all the volunteers who gave up their time to help run the event.

This will definitely be on the list from now on.

Cheers

Agreed. Great day made possible by great people.

Some images from the day are on the Run Logic website: https://www.facebook.com/runlogicireland

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

Enjoyable day out yesterday...although that last hill with the gale force winds blowing was quite the challenge!

Felt that the marshalling could be improved. There was a dangerous situation near the top of the hill where the lead runners were coming back down and merging left onto the main road around a sharp bend.
    Runners coming up the hill were nearly colliding headlong with them as they rounded the bend at full speed.

This could have been avoided if there was a marshal 100 meters further down the hill making sure runners going up crossed over to the left side of the road.

Also €30 for a 10k out & back run with no road closures is really steep.
    I know it's for a good cause but overall I'm not sure if this race is worth the money.

Big shout-out to the organisers of this event and the marshalls who guided us safely on the day, in inclement weather. Great job guys and girls. Not great conditions to be out, but you guys did it.

A well organised event, great pre- and post-vibes in Suttonians RFC and a cute t-shirt.

A great event, super value, and what a way to begin the close-out of the 2015 year!

See you next year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Thanks to the organisers and to the marshals for standing out there in that weather, and thanks for the warm clubhouse and great spread after.
    Also, if the kindly man (runner) who gave me some banana at the finish line because he thought I was about to collapse (apparently my lips were blue!) is on boards, thank you!! I was fine after!

Actually that reminds me, I stopped to see if a girl was okay as we headed back down the hill. She said she was okay. She had a white running top on, hopefully she finished okay.

Advertisement