Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Help a bloke buy a leather jacket.

• 08-12-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭

Alright lads, I asked in the fashion forum but no responses in there, so thought I would chance my arm here.

Looking at investing in a really good leather jacket and I'm home in Dublin for the month.

Looking at brands like Belstaff, Vanson, Schott etc, so price would say between 1,000-1,500.

Would there be anywhere in Dublin, or anywhere else in Ireland that would stock something like this?

If anyone in here would have any recommendations, I'm all ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭wetlandsboy

Gintonious wrote: »
    Alright lads, I asked in the fashion forum but no responses in there, so thought I would chance my arm here.

Looking at investing in a really good leather jacket and I'm home in Dublin for the month.

Looking at brands like Belstaff, Vanson, Schott etc, so price would say between 1,000-1,500.

Would there be anywhere in Dublin, or anywhere else in Ireland that would stock something like this?

If anyone in here would have any recommendations, I'm all ears.

Just bought a Belstaff Stoneham leather cafe racer jacket from their website for around €1200. It is absolutely beautiful and very fitted. Went into their boutique in Kildare Village, but was very unimpressed with the selection and the service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Thanks, I see Harvey Nicols are selling the Outlaw jacket, looks like what I would be after.

I wasn't aware they had a boutique in Kildare Village, but its unfortunate if its not up to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Harvey Nicks
    House of Fraser
    Louis Copeland
    Hugo Boss

All under one roof in Dundrum too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Brown Thomas do Belstaff

I was in yesterday, they have a very limited selection there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

I've never cared for leather jackets (except for suede, which I love) but if you're looking at dropping €1500 on one I'd say try to go for as classic a style as possible. Last thing you want is something ultra slim and fitted that you 'outgrow' after a year or two.

Agree, I am also looking at a company called Langlitz over in the states, basically tailor made leather jackets that they have been doing since the 40's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭wetlandsboy

I agree to a certain extent, but it really depends on the style of the jacket. There is nothing worse than an over-sized, ill-fitting leather jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

€1500 on a jacket? Jaysus. Paid less for my current car of three years.

Fair play if you have it to spend I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Gintonious wrote: »
    Agree, I am also looking at a company called Langlitz over in the states, basically tailor made leather jackets that they have been doing since the 40's.

If you are over in the states I think you should get one there. You'd be off your head to get one here with the prices and poor selection.

I am think that as well.

I contacted Langlitz, ill get a tailor made leather jacket in 2-3 months.

This is the cascade in hide leather, I would be going to goatskin which would be more fitted and not as bulky.
    rerides-langlitz_1238.jpg